Webcomic: Murry Purry Fresh And Furry
Murry Purry Fresh and Furry
is a furry retail comedy webcomic by Agouti Rex
. It mostly follows the adventures of Melvin, a surly, lazy janitor working in a decrepit porn shop. As you might guess, it's often not safe for work
- Melvin Adelman, bilby janitor.
- Cloey Woodresin, his wife, a pine marten (does not actually work in the store).
- Mr. (Martin) Hefferbottom, owner and manager, a ferret.
- Wilbur Kozofsky, armadillo cashier.
- Filbert Hibiscus, hellbender projectionist.
- Magnolia Mayonaise, opossum stripper.
- Adorkable: Melvin.
- Alas, Poor Yorick: Melvin gives an... abbreviated soliloquy to a skull during a Hamlet parody.
- Alliterative Name: Magnolia Mayonaise.
- Ambiguous Gender: Sally the Dog is often referred to as male despite her name and feminine clothes.
- Author Avatar: Melvin is pretty much just a Mary Sue-ish self-insert of Agouti-Rex.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animals
- The Bechdel Test: The creator gives himself a big F.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Parody: It doesn't even bother to set it in something other than a candy factory.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Generalisimo Chlamydia Clitoria Butterwort III, esq.
- Cool Cat: Well, Cool Cat.
- Cool Shades: Cool Cat wears totally cool shades.
- Crapsack World: The strip takes place in a grimy, run-down porn store in a city called, appropriately, "Failtown".
- Family Theme Naming: Pickles and Peaches Le Rou.
- Fat Bastard: Wilbur.
- Fat Slob: Subverting the usual trope, there are two rather overt female fat slobs, Princess Aurelina and Cadillac MySpace.
- Furry Comic: In roughly the same way that Don Quixote is a chivalric romance.
- Furry Confusion: Lampshaded here
- Humanlike Foot Anatomy
- Inkblot Cartoon Style
- Interspecies Romance: Melvin and Cloey.
- Jerk Ass: Wilbur.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Depending on the Writer, Melvin.
- Lazy Bum: Melvin, again.
- Moral Guardian/You Dirty Rat: Chastity Steelvulva.
- Ms. Fanservice: Magnolia.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: For a given value of "celebrity", anyway. Some characters, especially drop-ins appear to be based on the "fursonas" of well-known members of the furry
fandom fetish subculture "community". A few, such as Aurelina, are completely undisguised, though.
- Odd-Shaped Panel: The panels have thick wavy borders.
- Overly Long Name: Generalisimo Chlamydia Clitoria Butterwort III, esq.
- Perpetual Frowner: Melvin. Wilbur as well.
- Petting Zoo People
- Pointy-Haired Boss: Mr. Hefferbottom frequently has big ideas that never work, such as insisting that all his employees start using Twitter or turning the porn shop into a film studio.
- Repetitive Name: Jolly Molly McGolly.
- Rim Shot: Used here
- The Speechless: Sally the Dog can communicate only by "woofing".
- Temporary Bulk Change: Cloey bloats up imensely after Melvin starts cooking marzipan. The trope is then played strait and lampshaded on the next page.
- Second Law of Gender Bending: Mocked in one strip; the parody TF comic boils down to "Boys are hideous and live bleak, miserable lives; girls (and boys turned girls) are pretty and have perfect lives with no problems".
- Straw Character: Wilbur.
- Take That: To The Get Along Gang here The fact that Montgomery Moose has a Swastika on his forehead makes it even funnier when you know about how they treated reptiles in that show.
Author's Note: If you are the sort who thinks that Big Mac's behavior is romantic, you may just be functionally retarded.
- Tsundere: Cloey towards Melvin.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Melvin and Cloey
- Vapor Wear: Aurelina. Even lampshaded.
Melvin: Hey, how do you get your bodysuit to stay on?
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: Butterwort
- Yaoi Fangirl: Cloey