Webcomic / Elven
is a webcomic by Derek Wu. While the site claims to be about epic fantasy, it really just stars some roommates, and their struggles to live with each other, and what goes on at school from time to time. The comic pokes fun at MMORPG-type games and a few other things that are either popular or geeky. It should be noted that the majority of characters shown in the comic were all elves, and absolutely no humans have ever been seen or mentioned.
The comic has pretty much ground to a halt, last updating in January 2013.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- 24-Hour Armor: Lampshaded here
- Experience Points: The elves can even get xp from washing their hands and shopping.
- Expressive Mask: Cyprien, almost always with a Fascinating Eyebrow
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Danalach levelling up leaves her jonesing for a cigarette.
- Fantastic Drug Mana Potions.
- The Faceless: Cyprien, to the extent that he has even caused Viewer Gender Confusion due to being completely covered in armor. The comic doesn't reveal him without his armour until it shows him taking a shower, but even then, he's still wearing his helmet.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief the three main characters are a Templar in training, a Wizard in training and a High School Rogue.
- It should be noted that the Templar and the Mage are both going to a school for teaching the talents for both and it appears to be a Magical College.
- Not What It Looks Like: Cyphrien defeating an Ochre Jelly slimes the bathroom in off-white goo. This understandably horrifies his room-mate Danalach.
- Power Glows: Parodied.
- Random Drop: Somehow a normal sized cockroach can drop a full-sized longsword.
- RPG-Mechanics Verse
- Schizo Tech: Still uses gold as currency and the obvious Fighter, Mage, Thief elements, various monsters, and yet they have laptops.