Botched Spot provides examples of:
- Ascended Fanboy: Rad Bad. Jerry too, whose mom bought an indy wrestling promotion just so he could live out his fantasies.
- Captain Ersatz: Olav is most likely based on Nikolai Volkoff, who also had a gimmick as a Soviet character, but his physical appearance is based almost entirely off of Ivan Koloff, another famous Soviet gimmick wrestler.
- Cheap Heat: Olav makes a habit of insulting local sports teams to get a reaction.
- Deadpan Snarker: Usually Olav.
- Eyes Always Shut: Olav. It was eventually lampshaded by The Great Droopi in "Olav's Title History".Droopi: So do you have eyeballs or just little 'L's or what?
Olav: THAT'S IT!
- Face–Heel Turn: The "Great Moments For A Heel Turn" segments.
- Filler Strips: "Li'l Botched", featuring child versions of Olav and Rad Bad and a pun in each one.
- Flanderization: Strips involving Randy Orton have him taking any excuse to put people into an RKO.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: Olav has been playing a Soviet Union character for a long time. He's not the only one: his former tag-team partner, Adala Von Wyn, had a Nazi Gimmick.
- Frivolous Lawsuit: The Anthem Owl trying to give anyone who chanted DELETE at Wrestlemania 33 and Raw cease and desist orders.
- Girls with Moustaches: Along with Paper-Thin Disguise, "Nick" Bella has the inside scoop for Wrestlemania 33.
- Karma Houdini: This strip has it played for laughs with Kalisto, after seeing people like Baron Corbin, AJ Styles and Randy Orton getting matches despite doing some criminal acts, gets himself into the Universal Championship match after murdering the champion.
- Magnificent Bastard: The True Nature of Dixie Carter has this as an idea about how she's managed to survive being ousted from TNA.
- Series Hiatus: From January 2 to July 13, 2011. James Hornsby got back into the thrice-weekly schedule amazingly quickly.
- Shocking Swerve: Invoked and exploited in "Botched Spot Presents Great Moments for a Heel Turn," which examines what happens in wrestling heel turns were applied to real life.
- Smart Mark: Russell.
- Sword of Damocles: In this strip, Vince threatens the new Cruiserweight division to get more ratings or he sends out Braun Strowman to squash them all and end the division.
- The Rival: The Great Droopi in "Olav's Title History".Olav: Yes, The Great Droopi! The Shawn Michaels to my Bret Hart! The Andy Kaufman to my women of Tennessee!