A webcomic about a hero that was sidekick
to the world famous Blackhawk, but has to learn how to be a hero after his mentor is murdered. Updates regularly here.
- Action Girl: Cassie
- Arch-Enemy: Plot Hole for Plot Twist.
- Art Evolution: The series starts off with rough lines and slowly changes to smoother ones.
- B Side Comics: See Filler Strips
- Badass Normal: Acrobat, Blackhawk, Cassie (normally uses Powered Armor, but can fight without it), Midnight
- Bank Robbery: This is how Wade meets a few of his enemies and Cassie.
- Batman Cold Open: Played straight and made into a hot closing with Magnum and a villain in Issue 4.
- Bat Signal: How Blackhawk used to be summoned by the NYPD.
- Blow You Away: The Windmaster.
- Breaking Speech: Strife gives one to Will(Magnum) about how the loss of life was his fault because he ran instead of just letting Strife kill him. Magnum responds by cussing him out.
- Brought Down to Normal: Kid Laser and he really hates it.
- Brought To You By The Letter A: Acrobat's Chest Insignia.
- C-List Fodder: Red Laser
- Casual Danger Dialog: It?s a Super Hero comic so no surprise there. Acrobat even does this once when Magnum was being remote controlled by their common enemy, Strife.
- Chest Insignia: Acrobat has a large A on his chest.
- Civvie Spandex: Burn and The Windmaster
- Clear My Name: Acrobat by Kid Laser for Blackhawk's murder.
- Cloning Blues: Wade, of the first Hawk
- The Commissioner Gordon: Blackhawk with the NYPD.
- Crazy-Prepared: Blackhawk had plans in place to keep his identity safe and to give Wade a normal life.
- Cute Bruiser: Cassie
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Kid Laser
- Dating Catwoman: Wade even asks himself why are all the pretty girls criminals.
- Deadly Dodging: Acrobat
- Deadpan Snarker: Wade and Cassie.
- Dead Person Impersonation: Wade has to do this with Blackhawk.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: The B Side Comic with Plot Twist and Tech has to face one in their filler comic.
- Expy: Besides the two obvious examples, Plot Twist is a clear one of Deadpool.
- Face-Heel Turn: Kid Laser.
- Fanservice: The creator even lampshades it.
- Filler Strips: Not in the normal sense, but the creator does post pinups, origins of characters, or short stories in between issues.
- Flashback: Issue 8 starts off with Red Laser and Kid Laser facing Mr. Mental.
- The filler between Issues 8 & 9 has a look at Wade's life as Canary.
- For Science!: Gabriel Strife's reason for putting Magnum in the Powered Armor.
- Foreshadowing: Acrobat shaking off The Reverend's Mind Rape ability.
- Later he completely heals, in about two hours with no scars, after being beaten bloody and possibly getting his arm broken by Burn, Drown, and The Windmaster.
- Burn, Drown, and The Windmaster talking about their Boss.
- Generation Xerox: Blackhawk to his father The Hawk and Wade is kind of like this to Blackhawk. Peter even realizes this and wonders if Wade's life would be better without him.
- Genre Savvy: Most of heroes and the villains.
- The Golden Age of Comic Books: Subverted in the first issue.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Wade
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: How Acrobat gets around town.
- Wade as Blackhawk gives a heroic one to Lopez
- Heel-Face Turn: Cassie, just a little bit, after finding out that Burn, Drown, and The Windmaster were hired to kill Acrobat
- Hero Insurance
- I Didn't Mean to Kill Him: Kid Laser about Blackhawk.
- Idiot Hero: Ghost.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Wade at the beginning.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Kid Laser.
- Lampshade Hanging: The comic does this a lot, but its never a bare bulb.
- Legacy Character: Blackhawk and Canary.
- Wade also thinks about becoming the third Hawk when Kid Laser frames him for murder. He even points out that its expected of him.
- Little Miss Snarker: Cassie.
- Making a Splash: Drown's power.
- Mind Rape: The Reverend's Power.
- Multiple Choice Past: Plot Hole's "origin" were in fact all ripped off from varoius comics and movies with him as an hero and Plot Twist as an villain.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Impersonating Blackhawk may have helped him take down Lopez and stopped the police from arresting him, but it also brings back his Rogues Gallery and first sidekick.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Burn, Drown, and The Windmaster give this to Red Laser then Acrobat.
- Playing with Fire: Burn's power
- Powered Armor: Cassie/Coil, Magnum, Jil/Strongarm, and Gabriel Strife.
- Prison Break: Kid Laser breaking out The Reverend and The Windmaster.
- Reality Warper: Plot Twist
- Refusal of the Call: Wade in the beginning.
- Relationship Upgrade: Wade and Cassie after she kisses him.
- Rescue Romance: Blackhawk's parents met this way.
- Rich Heir With No After School Job: Wade's in highschool but he fits the trope.
- Samus Is a Girl: Strongarm
- Secret Identity: Wade and Cassie
- Secret Keeper: Forced at first between Cassie and Wade. If he tells anyone she's Coil, she'll tell everyone that his Acrobat and visa versa. Best summed up by Wade. "I won't tell anyone it you don't."
- She's Not My Girlfriend: Cassie and Wade
- Shutup Hannibal: Magnum's response to Strife trying to guilt trip him.
- Sidekick: Wade before Blackhawk's death, Kid Laser, and Midnight
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Wade does this twice when he's dressed like Blackhawk. First with Lopez, then again with the new Commissioner.
- Super Speed: Blur
- Super Team: Society of Heroes and Aegis
- The Call Knows Where You Live: Wade keeps trying to stop being a hero, but the world's not having it.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Quickly subverted with Red Laser when some of Kid Laser's mooks try to off him.
- Villainous Breakdown: Lopez (formally Kid Laser) when Wade shows up as Blackhawk
- Unexplained Recovery: Seems to be Plot Hole's power - Plot Twist keeps killing him but he still comes back.
- Waif-Fu: Cassie when she was younger.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World
- You Fight Like a Cow