is an online sketch comedy that updates once a week. It was created by Zach Weiner of Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
, which is where the name comes from, and is written by Weiner and James Ashby.
The humour can be varied, ranging from comments on politics to crude sex jokes. There is also a lot of relationship humour as well.
This series contains examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: Comes up a lot.
- Badass Boast/Blasphemous Boast: From the DVD Commentary. Zach doesn't look like Jesus, Jesus looks like Zach.
- Bad Santa: Played by James in the first Christmas special.
- Bestiality Is Depraved:
- Zach's character from "Inheritance" was married to a gorilla.
- "Wikileaks", ends with Zach putting peanut butter on his crotch before he goes to the local dog pound.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Turned Up to Eleven in "Prognosis". Jon dreams about getting a disease that makes his penis grow and grow until it kills him and explodes. He's disappointed when it turns out not to be real.
- Black Comedy Rape: One short has Wonder Woman masquerading as a superheroine called "The Sodomizer," who saves people, then ominously asks them to bend over and pick something up for her.
- Both Sides Have a Point: Hilariously deconstructed in "Both Sides", a parody of Bill O'Reilly's "No Spin Zone". They introduce sides like "Eyeglasses vs Stabbing Yourself With a Steak Knife" to show that not all points are equally valid.
- Camp Gay: Invoked and deconstructed in "Orientation".
- Casting Gag: Zach and Kelly in "Date Wars": she wants a relationship, he just wants meaningless sex. In real life, they're married.
- Coming-Out Story: In "Orientation".
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: A mechanical variant. In "The Plumber", James is a brilliant and surprisingly inexpensive plumber who unfortunately insists that Zach and Kelly watch while he fixes their plumbing in an incredibly Squicky way.
- The Danza: The actors often play characters named after themselves.
- Deal with the Devil: One that impresses an angel.
- Death by Sex: In "Superman vs. Aliens", Superman reveals this as his preferred way of killing bad guys.
- Distracted by the Sexy: In truly surreal fashion to close off "George Lucas".
- DVD Commentary: The "Goes to Hell" DVD has Zach and James making comments on the sketches in between each one.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Even after he becomes heartless and money-obsessed in "James Gets Rich", James is appalled at the idea of creating a new type of financial derivative.
- Everything Explodes Ending: This episode.
- Everything Is Racist: At the end of 5 People You Meet In Heaven.
- Fox News Liberal: Parodied in Both Sides.
- Gorgeous Period Dress: The Duel.
- Hollywood Nerd: The Just Friendship and Time Travelling Geek sketches features this.
- Jackass Genie: Subverted in "Genie". The genie tries to give James and Zach's wishes horrible consequences but gets frustrated when they don't seem to care.
- Kind Restraints: In Passive Aggressive Werewolf, a passive aggressive werewolf has his unofficial girlfriend tie him up to avoid harming people, only to get into an argument with her about it.
- Large Ham: James. In terms of willingness to ladle out pork, the man could single-handedly cater an Oktoberfest.
- Lie Detector: Followed by a "Reframing Detector" and a "Changing the Subject Detector." They're meant to circumvent first-date stupidity, supposedly.
- Mistaken For Pedophile: J.P. and Zach in "Great Idea".
- Naked People Are Funny: James frequently appears naked on the show. Bonus points in that he's the fattest character in the cast.
- President Evil: James, in Gaffe.
- Only Sane Man: King James knows only one guy who knows that a guy who pulls a sword out of a rock is not a good candidate and that magic and dragons aren't real and that includes James himself.
- Serious Business: Everything from debating to staring contests to poker games.
- Staring Contest: An "Ultimate Starting Contest" to be exact.
- The Magic Poker Equation: Starts with a Full House, ends with someone shooting hellfire from his eyes melting the souls of the other contestants.
- The Reveal: "That's right! Your incestuous murder-child was Hitler AND Stalin!"
- Too Dumb to Live: How J.P. and Zach avoid jail in "Great Idea".
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: They're fond of using these in their videos. James, for example, often plays very unsympathetic roles.
- Upper-Class Twit: Batman has no concept of money or living without a butler in "Bat Academy".
- Vitriolic Best Buds: James and Zach
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: In "The Mancreep", James discovers that his uncanny ability to simulate cunnilingus with his tongue and the palm of his hand causes everyone else to have these. He decides to use it to fight crime.
- Who's on First?: The answer being, "I F@#ked Your Mother."
- You Killed My Father: Parodied in "Worst Haunting Ever".
Dad: You must avenge me on my kiiiiiilllllllleeeeeeeeers...
Son: You weren't killed. You drank twelve beers a day for 30 years. you died of cirrhosis.