Web Video: Omni Bleach Abridged
Omni Bleach Abridged is a Abridged Parody of the anime Bleach created by OmniBeneficial, It follows a Schizophrenic 15 year old (Ichigo Kurosaki) who becomes a Soul Reaper due to a chance encounter with a Malevolent Spirit of Homosexuality, a Soul Reaper Named Rukia (whom he refers to as Botan
), and a incredibly Violent and Homicidal Hell Butterfly named Astaroth. He is now tasked to hunt these Evil Spirits whenever they appear. Episodes can be found on http://www.dailymotion.com/OmniBeneficial#video=xs0nha
Episode 10 was also posted up by CipherAbridged the guy(s) who make Bleach MENT
.This series can also be viewed from this playlist on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwaLuwH3yA-aZ0tTDN3QsTf7GpOcngJWT
. Now has a character sheet
[Work Name] contains examples of:
- Adaptational Wimp: Renji, overwhelmingly. He's a delusional loser who's obsessed with Botan and can't fight to save his life. He's not a lieutenant, he just thinks he is.
Byakuya: Can I bring Renji?
(Entire room giggles)
: ...Why would you do this to yourself?
Byakuya: Honestly? He needs to get out more.
- Even Kon gets this, going from an outdated method of getting Ichigo out of his body to the soul of a child imprisoned inside a bird, and later a stuffed animal kept around for no reason other then because Ichigo wants him to suffer.
- Blood Knight: Ichigo LOVES killing hollows, to the point of threatening the soul of a child if Rukia didn't find him more to kill.
- Body and Host: Astaroth can possess Ichigo's body, although doing so kicks his soul out (which is done so Ichigo can go fight hollows without worrying about his body.)
- Brick Joke: Both Tatsuki and Yuzu think the air is responsible when they're being attacked by Hollows. Later on, Tatsuki even takes martial arts classes because she still thinks the air attacked her, and plans to fight it off with kung-fu and her own respiratory system.
- Butt Monkey: Uryu may count as this.
- Camp Gay: Hollows are Malevolent Spirits of Homosexuality, one even singing to the tune of a Spice Girls' song.
- Corrupt the Cutie: Asteroth's speech in episode 9 implies he's been doing this to Ichigo from day one. Not that Ichigo needed much encouragement.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Ichigo practically borders the 4th wall in terms of how he views his situation.
- Dark Magical Angsty Teen: Parodied with Uryu. Not only is he lonely enough to kill Ichigo over forgetting their friendship, his initial hared of him is completely unjustified and never gets explained. Urahara exploits this trope to manipulate Uryu... and then mocks him along with everybody else.
- Ethical Slut: Botan apparently either is this, or used to be one when in school.
- Fridge Logic: Used in-universe by multiple characters for comedic value. Usually in the form of a character wondering how someone else managed to do something that should be impossible.
- Funny Schizophrenia: Ichigo is a Schizophrenic in this series, and it's played for laughs.
- Gag Dub: Obviously due to it being a Abridged Series.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Played straight to the audience, with Isshin's abuse of his son being played for comedy, however subverted in-universe it's bad enough that Astaroth of all people tells him to cut it out and forces him to leave Ichigo alone. Although part of this is because it amuses him (and to get a free video game system), it should be noted that Astaroth's first comments are about how Isshin's a terrible father. Also:
Isshin: You'll go (to a show Ichigo hates) if you want the beatings to stop.
Ichigo: If I trusted the police, I would call them about you!
- Also, upon discovering a giant fuckhole in the house:
Isshin: I'm so angry I could become an abusive parent all of a sudden.
Karin: You beat your son on a regular basis-
Isshin: Alll of a sudden.
- Honor Before Reason: Episode 8, Ichigo doesn't want Astaroth's help when fighting the Grand Fisher even though he knows he's in over his head. He outright runs away to ensure that the battle will be one on one between him and Grand Fisher:
Ichigo: Ha ha, you'll never save me now!
- Inner Monologue: Chad has one about how ripped he is while Kukaku gives a plot-relevant world building speech in the background.
- It Amused Me: Astaroth loves messing with Ichigo to the point of severing his soul chain and telling him that he was dead. Also Urahara giving Ichigo headgear that disappears only when he needs it. Granted, the entire thing was a training exercise, but it still scared Ichigo.
- Mundane Utility: Ichigo has Botan use the memory-replacer device to replace some of his memories with info about his school subjects so he can play video games in his spare time.
- My God, You Are Serious: Subverted in episode 11.
Kukaku: So this is your way in. We're gonna shoot you through a cannon.
Ichigo: Oh, please do not be kidding.
- Obviously Evil: Aizen. So, so much. Yet he keeps successfully buttering up Yamamoto, and against all odds nobody has noticed his true intentions.
- Off Model: Ichigo usually spots these and is usually explained away. Or sometimes the creator shows them via editing, for example When Orihime was attacked by her brother and her soul separated from her body, later on Ichigo asks if she would be ok, Rukia responds that as long as her soul chain wasn't severed she didn't die, Ichigo asks if she's sure while showing a frame of one of the scenes where shes separated from her body.......and her Soul Chain is indeed severed.
- Oh, Crap: In the after-credits scene of episode ten, Isshin has this reaction upon learning that not only has Ichigo forgotten to take his meds, he hasn't been home in over a week.
- Only Sane Man: Botan, Orihime, and next to Yamamoto, even Byakuya has his moments.
- Our Witches Are Different: Uryu is one, his Quincy power apparently being the result of black magic.
- Parental Substitute: Ichigo attempts to turn Zangetsu into one of these; Zangetsu's response is to knock Ichigo off the top of a tall building.
- Possession Burnout: Ichigo's kidneys start shutting down when Astaroth steals his body to molest Ichigo's classmates, scare some kids and fight a hollow.
- Plot Hole: In Episode 11, Ichigo Points a big one out.........he is then basically threatened to be killed for pointing it out.
Ichigo: Wait, if the stone walls block out spirit energy from all Sides, shouldn't the Soul Reapers inside be dying?
Kukaku: Talk like that will get you killed around here!
- Shout-Out: Calling Rukia "Botan" is a reference to a character from Bleach's Spiritual Predecessor YuYu Hakusho, who plays a similar role to Rukia in that she introduces the main protagonist to the spirit world. They're even both shinigami. Ichigo's hallucinations are often related to video games or anime, and he sometimes makes deliberate references to other anime.
- Orihime's healing power requires her to name any form of media where the characters have access to an overpowered and/or broken healing ability.
- Sociopathic Hero: When Urahara uses vague language about leaving something in Rukia's body and asking Ichigo to retrieve it, Ichigo interprets his speech as Urahara's way of saying he got Rukia pregnant and wants Ichigo to kill her so Urahara won't have to deal with child support. Urahara asks him to stop saying terrible things and corrects him... only for Ichigo to respond "I was gonna say yes." Meaning Ichigo had no qualms murdering a pregnant woman and her unborn child. He didn't have a problem with Astaroth devouring souls until it got him in trouble with Orihime. Also, Astaroth himself. If he even qualifies as a 'hero'.
- Sound Effect Bleep: Words are censored, although inconsistently (Episode 10 censored one word, and it went unbleeped in the same episode.)
- Stalker with a Crush: Renji towards Rukia. So, so much.
(Renji slashes Rukia's cheek with his Zanpakto)
Rukia: What is your problem?!
- Super-Powered Robot Meter Maids: Chad has incredible strength and durability, which don't seem necessary for his intended purpose of devouring coins and carrying children around a store.
- Talking to Themself: Ichigo sometimes sees people who aren't there (like Sir Allen Sugar) due to his schizophrenia.
- The Hero: Ichigo Kurosaki, although this is debatable due to him just wanting to kill hollows constantly.