It's not as dirty as it looks.
When a foreign entity like that of a Symbiote
, Body Snatcher
, or even a Hacker
(when regarding machines like robots and computers) enters/outright hijacks a body, the possessed subject is called the Host, while the possessing subject is the Guest.
The basic purpose of the host varies on what the point was for it to have been hijacked in the first place. Sometimes it's used as a disguise, other times it's used as a decoy and distraction, even simply being used as a weapon and piece of armor that the possessor uses to cause sheer chaos and destruction, but sometimes... a host can be used for Fetish Fuel
For details on the passive/aggressive relationships a Host can have with its "Guest," view The Symbiote
. Has absolutely zilch to do with The Host
- Big Dumb Body - A host with little intelligence, but is desirable for its physical prowess and durability.
- Empty Shell - A host that's without resistance from being taken over.
- Haunted Fetter: An inanimate object or place that is possessed by a ghost/spirit as a way of binding itself to the realm of the living.
- Haunted Technology: A machine with a ghost/spirit in it!
- Heroic Host - A host that gets "powers" or "abilities" from their guest.
- Living Bodysuit - A host is chosen as a disguise by the guest for reasons of secrecy and espionage.
- Meat Puppet: A biological host, controlled by the guest.
- Planetary Parasite: An entire planet is the host of a guest who needs to reproduce.
- Seeing Through Another's Eyes - The guest is using the senses of the host.
- Two Siblings In One - When a sibling lives on within you... literally.
- Wetware Body - A biological body host has a computer as the guest.
- Wetware CPU - A computer host has the mind of a (once) living creature as the guest.
- Willing Channeler - A host who "wants" to be controlled, or at least isn't against having his/her body used by an outside party.