Characters: Omni Bleach Abridged
Characters for Omni Bleach Abridged
- Ascended Fanboy: Before becoming a soul reaper, Ichigo was a huge otaku and if Botan's nickname is anything to go by, YuYu Hakusho is on the list of series he watches.
- Blood Knight:
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: Clearly loved his mother. Considering what his father is like, it's not surprising he mourns the loss of a loving, caring adult in his life.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: He fights the hardest against the Hollow that killed his mother, and is clearly very distraught when mourning her. It's the only time Astaroth has no clue how to interact with him.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Is disgusted by his dad's hypocrisy and is terrified when he learns that he ate and killed a living soul by accident.
- Funny Schizophrenia: It almost never gets in the way of his work, and his belief in "them" is a result.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Well, he's still a teenager, so the "childhood" is still going on. Isshin's abuse of him is Played for Laughs more than anything else.
- Kid with the Leash: To Astaroth, now that Botan can't order him around.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Before he bursts out the story of his mother's death to Botan, he politely asks her if he can have the next day off.
- Would Hurt a Child: He has no problem threatening the random kid he saved in order to blackmail Botan.
- Despair Event Horizon: Appears to have crossed this after her execution is announced. Or maybe she just learned to stop responding to Renji.
- Ethical Slut: She apparently either is this, or used to be one when in school. She's the Token Good member of the three main characters, apparently has some really wild sex stories, and is only known to the filler ninja because he heard of her reputation while in the Academy. One of which earned her the name RukiAAAAAHH!! which she apparently takes pride in, as she told the story to Ichigo.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Two examples, both in-universe: Botan and RukiAAAAAHH!! The latter is so well known that Yamamoto only calls her by her nickname, even in writing.
- Only Sane Man: At times. Also literally, between Ichigo who's schizophrenic, and Astaroth who's just bat shit insane.
- Shinigami: And as such gets the nickname Botan.
- Token Good Teammate: At least compared to the others.
- Badass Boast: Tries to use one against the Hollow she fights, though she really has no clue what's going on. The Hollow might have fallen for it, but even if she did her reaction was to stand still and wait for Orihime to make a move.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Not sure if she qualifies as nice, but Ichigo was not expecting her to spend all night threatening him on the phone after he let Astaroth eat her brother's soul.
- Fangirl: For Ichigo, ever since Botan replaced her memories to make her think she had a day-long sex dream about him.
- Only Sane Man: When Chizuru makes a move on her, her response is to confirm that Chizuru is a lesbian and then to say that it doesn't need to be addressed any further. When the (female) Hollow shows up and refers to herself as a "malevolent spirit of homosexuality" Orihime's first solution is to let the Hollow and Chizuru go off together. All throughout her battle with the Hollow, she points out its stupidity. The one time she doesn't bother is when she's learning how to use her powers and the Hollow does nothing to attack her.
- Apocalypse Maiden: He's the cause of the economic crisis!
- Mighty Whitey: Invoked in his creation: he was made to be a kid's ride at a Toys R Us, specifically a Mexican kids ride "to prove the white man's supremacy". He thinks this is horrible.
- Not So Harmless: He's not a combat-type model, but Chad is still Doctor Gero's endgame, simply because he takes so much money out of the system to keep himself running that he's caused a financial crisis.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Looks just like a human, is an AI capable of emotion and "questioning the universe," but doesn't need to eat or drink and runs on quarters.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: He just bleeds sometimes. It's not an oil leak at all.
- Dark Magical Angsty Teen: Parodied. He's got magic powers, he's very lonely, and everything he does is because he doesn't have friends, someone denied him friendship, or because he thinks someone wants to be his friend. Urahara uses this to recruit him, knowing that Uryu will do anything for social interaction. All of which is played for laughs.
- Evil Laugh: Gives one when he hears Ichigo wants his help.
- No Sense of Humor: Compared to the other characters, he often deals with infuriating situations by getting mad and blowing up at whoever mad him angry.
- Samus is a Girl: Gender-inverted, whenever he tells people that he's a witch, their first question is "You're a girl?"
- Small Name, Big Ego: Episode nine in particular has him bragging about how he's going to kick Renji's ass, and then looses in seconds. To Renji.
- Abusive Parent: It's his entire character. Until Astaroth beats it out of him, then he's too scared to hurt Ichigo.
- Death by Adaptation: Ichigo kills him in shock, and everything his canon counterpart did is done by Astaroth.
- Ethnic Menial Labor: Invoked. He has to do all the physical labor, because he's a black guy. He knows this, and interrupts Botan to point it out.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Is doomed to an eternity of darkness inside Ichigo's room, rather then being allowed to pass on. Despite the fact that Ichigo himself is a Psychopomp.
- Small Annoying Creature: He's so annoying the people who's job it is to help him refuse to do so because he's just that annoying.
Jinta and Ururu
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: You have to admit, she did take out four zombies in one attack.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Whenever she's invilved in a Hollow attack, since nobody bothered to erase her memories or explain what's going on, she ended up with some crazy ideas about who the enemy is.
- Too Dumb to Live: Seriously, her plan to fight "the air" is to take Karate. And her plan for defeating oxygen is to turn it into carbon dioxide.
- Butt Monkey: Let's see, he gets mocked in every scene he's in, his voice sounds like he breathes nothing but helium, and nobody even bats an eye when he kills himself.
Karin and Yuzu Kurosaki
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Both of them. Karin gets grabbed by a Hollow and her complaint is that she's in a situation she's not accustomed to. The Yuzu, much like Tatsuki, thinks the air is sticky when she's being picked up by a Hollow.
Head Captain Yamamoto/Big Yama
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: In the poem/letter sent to Rukia, he basically tells her the reason his using said method of execution is because he's never seen it and is excited by it. He also buys a staff.........that turns into a gold, gem-encrusted rod......that has Twilight Sparkle on it.
- Pointy-Haired Boss: In terms of actually doing his job, he usually interferes in the other captains daily lives and does stupid things that have no meaning.