Would you believe he's 27?
Otherwise known as Phil Lester
. He's been making YouTube
videos since 2006, is intensely adorable, and also possibly insane.
He also co-hosts a weekly radio show on BBC Radio 1 with fellow YouTuber and heterosexual life partner danisnotonfire
Tropes used by Amazing Phil:
- Adorkable: Practically the epitome of the trope.
- American Accents: Phil is quite good at imitating an American accent. Not so good with a Texan accent though.
- Celeb Crush: He has a bit of a thing for Buffy Summers/Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- Creepy Child: Phil may have been this, if his stories from The Rabit iz comin to get youu are anything to judge by:
All that was left of Adam was a pool of bludd
. The police came, and said they couldn't find Adam's body enywere
. After that the school was shut down, and the monster that kild
Adam still lives under streets. One of the man in seuwer
got hold of monster fayse
. The face was a mask. Under the mask was Adam's teecher
. After that he went to prisun
One sunny day a little girl came up to the rabbit and patted it. The next thing she knew the rabbit bit a hole in her neck and she was dead. Then the police came to arrest the rabbit, but the rabbit bit a hole in every policeman's neck and they all died. One day because the rabbit had killed all those people, the army had to come with their big tanks and shoot him, and that was the end of the rabbit.
- Crossover: With danisnotonfire. All. The. Time.
- Cute and Psycho: Older videos showcase a bit of Phil's... weirder side.
- Cute Clumsy Boy: Says so in several videos
- Keet: He's like a walking anime character.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With danisnotonfire- although many fans are determinedly blind to the "heterosexual" part.
- Man Child: While an actual 20-something adult, he retains an almost-innocent essence to his personality.
- Nerd Glasses
- One of Us: Enjoys anime, Pokemon, video games, and Adventure Time, among other things.
- Once per Episode: "Hi guys!" and Draw Phil Naked.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: His default state of existence.
- Real Person Shipping: Fans tend to ship Phil with Dan, despite their persistence on the two not being romantically involved. The issue of "Phan" is a bit of a hot topic on sites such as Tumblr.
- That Came Out Wrong: He does this quite a lot.
- "You've lost one of your ball sacks."
- Weirdness Magnet: Phil appears to have a tendency to attract/encounter strange, possibly paranormal things wherever he goes, from his parents' house to his own apartment to anywhere on holiday.