"Lex and Lucy, simultaneously: All right, intruder, what are you doing in my house? YOUR house? This is MY house! Stop doing that! Stop doing what? ARGH!"Written and drawn by Iambic, a devoted Troper, Fall City Blues follows the chaos when Lex and Lucy, alternate universe versions of each other, get stuck sharing an apartment after their two realities are merged to save space. Add a rock-eating alien chick, a bunch of terrible puns, and a helping of mad science, and you've got the general drift.
Fall City Blues contains examples of:
- Alternate Universe - The premise is this.
- B-Side Comics - Transitfish Syndrome, which doubles as Dada Comics (see below). Also Fall City Blues (unframed!), which features the characters in random gags.
- Chromatic Arrangement - Lex (pink), Lucy (tealish), and Eiffel (green).
- Dada Comics - Transitfish Syndrome
- Embarrassing First Name -
Lexington and LucentiaLex and Lucy.
- Expy - Smithy wouldn't be out of place in a P. G. Wodehouse story.
- Fakeout Makeout - Eiffel grabs Lex to evade the cops.
- For Science! - Lex, in this strip especially.
- Genre Savvy - Lex develops it sometime between this strip and this one.
- Human Alien - Eiffel.
- Human Outside, Alien Inside - Eiffel eats rocks.
- Hurricane of Puns - Lex and Lucy have an ongoing fork-related pun war.
- Inn Between the Worlds - The Dandelions Club.
- Meet Cute - Lex and Eiffel. See Fakeout Makeout.
- Only One Name - Everyone except Smithy.
- Opposite-Sex Clone - Lex and Lucy are somewhere between this and Half-Identical Twins.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy - Inverted. Lex has pink hair, Lucy's is blue-green.
- Stick Figure Comic
- Sunglasses at Night - Twelve.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair - And pink and green and teal.