(short for F
etter) is a long form webcomic
that started in 2001. It takes places in an Alternate Universe
where technology is more or less the same as now, but with plenty of odd twists, such as a race of people with animal ears
who are treated like minority
The story mainly
follows the boy Sein and his dragon
Wollen who murdered his most of family and
decided to adopt him. The secondary main characters
are Narancs (Sein's brother) and Wrey, two Ei
agents, members of elite special forces who work for the government.Can be read at it's website here. Needs More Love
This webcomic provides examples of the following:
- Action Girl: Wrey, being and Ei agent and all.
- Alternate Universe: the entire setting.
- Art Evolution: for being 10+ years old, it's noticable; later art is more stylized.
- Art Shift: dream sequences are in full color, as compared to the limited colors used otherwise.
- Back from the Dead: Sein/Thomas, revived by an Ei.
- Badass: Narancs, Wrey, and Sein.
- Big Bad: Wollen seems to fit this the closest, with murder and kidnapping being his forte.
- Cloudcuckoo Lander: Perk, a blue half-seal from the aborted side comic.
- Covered with Scars: Sein and later Wollen.
- Deliberately Monochrome / Splash of Color: the comic has a limited color scheme, most the time.
- Dream Sequence: Sein has these often, in color.
- Eyeless Face: Mr. Scary (from Sein's deams).
- Gorn: Sein's dream sequences, again.
- Hearing Voices: Wollen doesn't talk, per se.
- The Lancer: Narancs.
- Mind Rape: how dragons attack things in the wild.
- Mind Screw: What is the Deer Prince?
- Neural Implanting: Wollen seems to have picked up a few things from Sein, like language.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Wollen versus X.
- Oh Crap: That intelligent dragon you were worried about? It's back.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: A variant, the government hand picks those who receive an Ei.
- Our Dragons Are Different: retractable tail spikes & wings, plus psychic attacks.
- Ow, My Body Part!: Wollens leg gets bitten by another dragon.
- Sanity Slippage: Sein at times.
- Serial Killer: Wollen.
- The Stoic: Wrey isn't fazed by much.
- Surreal Horror: Sein's nightmares.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Averted with Sein.
- Unexplained Recovery: Wollen after a long sequence of painful injury.
- The Unreveal: Narancs finds out that his brother Thomas is alive.
- Webcomic Time: Averted to a degree, months have passed over the years.
- Winged Humanoid: Sort-of with Wrey and those of her [race], with wing-like head things.
- Word of God: the author responds to readers' comments.