Web Animation: The Nightly News At Nine
The Nightly News at Nine is a stop-motion animated comedy series about a team of reporters in a world made of plastic bricks.
This show provides examples of:
- Built with LEGO: The show is made using stop-motion animation with LEGO bricks.
Random guy: Woo! Go Wolfpack!
- Characters are shown removing and reattaching limbs with ease.
- Characters refer to real-life LEGO product lines
- Complexity Addiction: Malifios's schemes tend to be either something that clearly doesn't work (such as making a machine that spins Octopi without doing any noticeable damage to New Block City, seeming pretty sure that it will), or too needlessly complex to work (he plans on setting a fire to a farm... By having a cow kick it as opposed to starting the fire himself. Amusingly, he gets kicked as soon as he gets initiative to start it on his own). Persephone Verada states that he could just get his degree in villainy if he just went for a more simple approach.
- Funny Background Event: You can find a lot of wreckages or weird going-ons in the background of any given episode.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Malifios.Persephone Verada: Malifios' plans are always miraculous displays of failure.
- Kent Brockman News: The show embodies this trope. Phil and Sherry bicker constantly and spend most of the show reporting on what matters to them personally.Phil and Sherry: Only on the Nightly News at Nine: Bringing you the stories that matter to us.
- Only Sane Man: Sherry is the only one who thinks that it's a terrible idea to hire Robert Vylan, as well as a Legshark that just ate their last reporter.
- Parody Commercial: Alternating with the fake news segments are fake commercials. They tend to be thematically or directly related to the top news stories.
- Show Within a Show: Police Show.
- Spiritual Successor: To an old HBO series from the 80's, Not Necessarily The News, which featured a similar mix of a fake newscast and skits parodying commercials.