Mandy is just a snotty and arrogant girl not the Devil or The Antichrist as we suppose her to be.The Devil or The Antichrist are known to possess just one emotion-hatred.Yes,Mandy has lots of it but she also possess other human emotions like love,concern,grief etc in several episodes though she doesn't admit it.She often says that she want to rule over the world and make everyone her slave but she isn't the only person in cartoon history to have this desire.Horrid Henry in the hit British series of the same name has the same urge to rule over the world as King Henry The Horrid. Mandy is shown to show genuine concern about Billy's health in many episodes.If we consider this factor Horrid Henry is worse than Mandy as he does not care a damn about his parents and his younger brother(Perfect Peter) in 99% of the series.
Mandy is the reincarnation of Azula.Azula as in, Fire Nation princess from Avatar: The Last Airbender. It makes sense- the evilness, the intelligence, the disregard for others, the voice- it all fits. Mandy chose Billy as her friend because after Ty Lee and Mai betrayed her, she wanted someone who was too stupid to have their own personality and would thus follow her unconditionally. She values Grim because she knows first hand just how powerful the spirit world can be, but for that same reason she refuses to let him put a toe out of line. Being that Endsville is the center for so many crazy things, it could be right on the border between life and the spirit world. Which would be why Azula reincarnated herself into Mandy in that particular town.
Grim and all other supernatural beings were not real... At first.Mandy is so world-shatteringly powerful, that she can blur the line between metaphysical and physical. Luckily, Billy is so world-shatteringly stupid that the various Eldritch Abominations come out as the silly, quirky characters they are. If either Billy or Mandy were to die, the universe would dissolve into pure Darkness or Stupidity, as appropriate for the surviving one.
Grim is forced to repeatedly revive the characters whenever they die.Over the course of the show, many of the characters have been seen dying, only to return in the next episode(usually regarded as Negative Continuity). In one episode, Grim is seen as being capable of allowing someone to live longer by putting more sand into his or her lifetimer. Since Grim is forced to be Billy and Mandy's best friend forever, that could mean that in order to live up to his end of the bargain, Billy and Mandy literally have to live FOREVER, meaning that he must bring them back to life whenever they get themselves killed. When any other characters die, Mandy probably orders Grim to revive them as well so she doesn't lose any of her future minions. And when Grim dies...well, he's the Grim Reaper, so he can probably revive himself.
Mandy is the ultimate evil of the multiverse, although she's not entirely aware of it.This would of course, make her the Evil Counterpart of Haruhi Suzumiya.
- And the Anti-Monitor.
- And once she realises this,there will be an epic battle between her and the rest of the Cartoon Network multiverse
- This is a given in a fanwork by the creator of Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi.
- Well, it seems like she at least knows it to the extent that she can control the whole of Endsville, and possibly beyond (watch the episode where Grim and Billy call the Nanny on her).
- Eons ago, an Ultimate Evil once dominated the underworld, having near-absolute control. It had total control over death, so it was immortal. It was also immune to almost any form of karma. One of Grim's ancestors managed to defeat this evil, by trapping it in a mortal body. However this being swore that, if it ever saw one of his/her ilk, it would have his revenge. Mandy was the ultimate result: This Ultimate Evil had passed its essence down generation after generation, until it reached her. Mandy was naturally moody and somewhat sociopathic to begin with, so the moment she won the bet, the Ultimate Evil began to awake. Luckily, Mandy only contains the soul of this being and not the memories, so she can't fully access her dark powers. Her parents weren't terrified of her until her dark powers awoke, and though Grim reaped her ancestors, he never was close enough to them to trigger this.
- Alternate theory: She could very well be Aku, who after Samurai Jack returned from the future and struck the final blow, what remained of Aku transferred itself into a mortal body, which passed on for generations since.
Mandy's real parents are Sauron and Cruella de Ville.She was adopted at birth.
- Sadly, Jossed in the episode with Grim's Trial and Fred Fredberger. She's only the Reincarnation of the offspring of Sauron and Cruella De Ville.
- She is also a baseline for measuring evil.
- I must point out that the hypothetical offspring of Sauron and Cruella de Ville only registers at around 4.5 to 5 kilonazis and when I built a detector of evil it registered Mandy at 999.99 Yottanazis before it exploded. Which means she is something far worse than the Reincarnation of the offspring of Sauron and Cruella De Ville.
- She is also a baseline for measuring evil.
Mandy is the reincarnation of ChernabogRemember "Dream a Little Dream?" That wasn't a nightmare. That was a past-life memory.
Mandy is Eris' daughterHer adoptive parents didn't really know how to pronounce and/or spell Dysnomia, and then, just named her Amanda... Or just Mandy, anyways. That's why Eris is so much time around them, even for being a deity. And Dysnomia was, indeed, smarter than her mom in the original mythology.
- So that's where she got her blonde hair.
Mandy and Billy are Eris' children.Billy is chaos and discord in his own way. Billy is actually Mandy's half-brother, concieved by Eris taking a male form when meeting Gladys. Unlike Mandy, Billy is only half-divine and thus is only able to indirectly access his powers. Mandy is an Enfante Terrible supreme because she has more powers than Billy and knows how to use them effectively. Having them trick Grim into being their friend forever was a gambit by Eris to screw with laws of life and death.
Mandy is Johan Liebert's daughterWell, it explains how she got so many Yottanazis in above troper's detector.
Mandy is Eris' and Johan Liebert's daughterWhat, it'd be awesome. Also, it would explain everything.
Grim, his granny, and Nergal are secretly high-class chefsWhy else would their food be so goddamn delicious?
The Series takes place in the early 80s, and Billy grows up to be Fry on Futurama.Simultaneously, Mandy went into business and marketing after overthrowing Santa Claus and taking over the toy shop. The jolly old man and his wife were replaced by evil robots and Mandy renamed herself "Mom" in order to execute her mass rebranding scheme. Fearful of her eternal fate, she cryogenically froze herself as an old lady and soon Mom's Robot Oil became feared the world over.
- Alas: a flashback in one episode shows Billy's dad in high school with a pink t-shirt that says "RELAX" on it.
- That's just Billy's Dad's faulty memory. He is an idiot, after all.
- They have giant plasma screen TVs and disc-based video games. Pretty advanced for the 80's.
The God-Emperor of Dune-esque future where Mandy has enslaved the world might have been averted......If only Grim hadn't revealed it to Mandy, thus diverting the flow of time into an unavoidable destination.
Sassy Cat actually stands for the Sassy Kat ShowclubThat's why Billy and Irwin love it so much.
Jack's Deal with Death was made to counteract his Deal with the Devil.
- In folklore, Jack got the Devil to agree not to take his soul when he died after scamming him twice.
- One of the solutions on the Deal with the Devil page is to wish for immortality.
Grim stumbled across "monkey porn" in "The Secret Snake Club"When the Secret Snake Club used Grim to go to Shnissugah's website, before it finished buffering, Grim covers the screen and tells the SSC not to look while the audience hears monkeys screeching and hooting. The mind boggles, doesn't it?
Mandy is VickyIf we assume that the show takes place in the 90's and Fairly Odd Parents takes place in the 2000's, it would make Mandy the right age to be Vicky. Notice how in both shows her parents are scared silly of her, and the drawing styles are similar. She simply dyed her hair and took on a new name as to make people less suspious of her after her previous actions. As for the nose...It grew back. As for the personality, well...its obvious they're both Complete monsters. In one episode Mandy has a crush on a guy and starts being...normal. Vicky is also at her most normal when she is with teenage boys. Her parents had Tootie in the hope that a sister would balance her out. It didn't.
- However, this would mean that with age came lack of competence. Vicky often failed with consequences, but Mandy almost NEVER failed and is a Karma Houdini.
- Puberty will make fools of us all...And she does succeed in making her victems lose the will to live.
- If true, this could be a true sign of the Competence Zone and when it starts to take place.
- During their wacky hijinks, they resurrected the god of karma.Causing it to hit Mandy like a ton of bricks. And then it created fairies to make the Earth less of a Crapsack World. To some extent.
- The problem is technology is more advanced in Billy and Mandy. They have tiny cube shaped TVs and cartridge-based video games in Fairly Oddparents. As with the "Billy grows up to be Fry" WMG above, Billy and Mandy has giant plasma screen TVs and disc-based video games.
- This might sound random, but Vicky's parents' names are Nikki and Vic. Mandy's parents are named Phil and Claire. Is Vicky-Teen-Mandy in some kind of foster care?
Mandy can tap into the dark forces of the Underworld.Due to being with Grim for so long,Mandy has absorbed the energy of the underworld.Due to her incredible willpower,she has been able to tap into that energy.She used this to overwhelm Grim's magic and control the inhabitants of Endsville.This has also caused her personality to alter from a Jerkass to the Anti Christ
- I don't think Grim had anything to do with it. She had those forces all along..
Billy is Obfuscating Stupidity.The truth is Billy is the most intelligent person in the universe. He simply has to contain it as it would cause reality itself to distort around him
- Alternatively, he realises that Mandy is the Anti Christ-so he pretends to be utterly stupid in order to ensure he can take down Mandy without her knowing.
In "My Fair Mandy", reality was broken by Mandy forcing a smile.Mandy has been seen to smile other times in the series, without the same consequence. Notably her true, non-evil smile in the episode "Crushed", where she falls in love. Reality fell apart not because she smiled, but because she forced a smile. (Also, in the Christmas episode, Grim and Count von Goulash held her mouth open in a smile, so perhaps that didn't count because she wasn't forcing it?)
- Good point. I never thought of that.
Nergal is Slender Man.My first thought when I first heard about Slenderman. Nergal is a lanky humanoid creature in a suit, with retractable tentacles who kidnaps children. Can't be a coincidence.
Grim will eventually kill off Billy and MandyThink about it - sure, the deal was that Grim would be Billy and Mandy's "friend" forever, but he never promised them immortality, right? At least as far as I know anyway. I think he's just faking being stuck with them, and there's probably some massive backstory concerning Mandy being such a Karma Houdini. One day, Grim will kill Billy, and Mandy will try to avoid him, but he'll catch up eventually, and then turn the tables on her. He might even throw in an Ironic Hell, putting her in a similar situation to that episode with the mask (forget what it was though). note
- I think it's the inverse-Grim is forced to keep them alive, to ensure they are "friends forever." Of course, that may give him the revenge he wants. All he needs is patience.
Mandy is the Anti-Christ!It is really obvious only something as evil and wickedly wicked could be the father of Mandy. The Devil had naughty-love with Mandy's Mom, possibly disguised as Mandy's supposed dad, and impregnated her with Mandy. She already became president of Earth during the Underfist special, it's only a matter of time she gets to (or above) her father's level!
- Just to continue on this, Mandy will either usurp her father's position, an act the Devil will be proud of. After taking over the universe and turning it into Mordor, she will plot to take over Cartoon Network. She will be stopped by Billy, who is The Chosen Zero. And it will be purely by accident.
- So, Billy is the Second Coming?
- Maybe...At least, the Cartoon Network mulitverse' version of it.
- So, Billy is the Second Coming?
- This means she's the daughter of Him, who is the official Satan of Cartoon Network. Yeah, I know about Lucius, but Lucifer and Satan aren't necessasarily the same people.
- There's a big clue with her looks-her hair is shaped like horns. Who else is described with having horns?
Mandy is Rose Lalonde.From Homestuck. Both are incredibly smart, blonde, and have a love of all things evil. Their associated colours are both pink and they have very similar haircuts. The events of "The Prank Call of Cthulu" inspire her to research Eldritch Abominations. Her mom hid behind a veil of Obfuscating Stupidity and changed Mandy's name to Rose when they left Endsville. Living alone, she learned how to like people (and thus became friends with John, Dave and Jade).
"Keeper of the Reaper" was one big analogy for/Take That! at the American Supreme Court.
- Okay, bear with me here... Fred Fredburger represents the U.S. Constitution as it applies to American law: he's often vague, typically unhelpful, and just about nigh-incomprehensible to everyone. And yet, the trial ends up hinging on him. Here's where the fun part comes in: all throughout the episode, the judge is driven bonkers by Fred's antics, but when the time comes to declare a verdict, he finally realizes that he can "interpret" Fred's nonsense to mean whatever the hell he wants it to mean, and no one can challenge him. The Founding Fathers, after all, intended for the Constitution to be as flexible as humanly possible, so that all the competing political parties could use it to their advantage. Luckily for all parties involved in this case, the stakes were small - the judge just wanted the damn trial to end as quickly as possible (and never see Billy & Mandy again).
- New favourite WMG right here.
Mandy is the daughter of Him and ErisIt was a dare by the Red Guy. When Eris realized she was having a child, she switched the baby with a random one at the hospital, which happened to be Claire and Phillip's. And since Mandy is the daughter of the goddess of discord and the lord of the underworld, monsters and super natural beings are attracked to her like Billy to pie. Plus, the wolves actually wanted to kill her, they lied.
Billy and Mandy is a prequel to Adventure TimeAccording to the Adventure Time episode "Son of Mars", Abraham Lincoln used to be immortal, but gave up his immortality and traveled back in time to be killed by John Wilkes Booth. In Billy and Mandy, he's inexplicably still alive and appears to still be President. Clearly, Billy and Mandy is set in the timeline before Lincoln allowed himself to be killed in the past. The many supernatural forces in the show were partially responsible for how post-Mushroom War Earth became so bizarre.
- Why is Death so different and seems to be free from Billy and Mandy? Mandy realised she could never be alone since Grimm would make Death is Cheap because of the deal to "be friends forever." Solution-cancel the deal, and so that Grimm didn't get suspicious he'd give her some of his powers. Grimm decided to go back to death metal and get some street cred, leading him to once again be a respected figure. Billy had his last wish be for some hot dogs to come to life, which is why the Hot Dog Knights are so unbelievable stupid. Mandy designed the Mushroom Bomb, using her new death-based powers and iron will to give it strength, and gave it her hatred towards all life. The Lich was so successful even Mandy couldn't control it.
Billy isn't stupidBilly really is as smart as his father says. In fact he was so smart that he threatened to upstage Mandy so she, being the Enfante Terrible that she is, did something horrible to him that turned him into a nose-picking scatterbrain. Mandy knows that if Billy were to ever repossess his intelligence, he would wreak horrible retribution against her. As a result, no matter how annoying he is now, she must keep him around her at all times so she can keep her eyes on him if there ever comes the possibility of him reverting back to his old self.
- If one takes into consideration the old short that Maxwell Atoms made in college starring Billy and Mandy... This theory just might be canon.
Grim has a Jamaican accent because his Granny and Great Aunt Kali practically raised himI mean, think about it. As far as we know, Grim, his Granny, and his Great Aunt Kali, are the only ones in his family that have Jamaican accents. His mother sounds Jewish, and his Father is pretty much Red Forman in skeleton form, so Grim couldn't possibly have gotten his accent from his parents. Maybe Grim's parents went out a LOT when he was growing up, either for work or just dinner dates, so they'd just leave him at either his Granny's or Great Aunt Kali's house for them to babysit him. And, since their voices were the main ones he heard when he was finally learning to talk, it lead to him developing a Jamaican accent as a result.
Billy's real father is a SasquatchIn the episode, "Bearded Billy", when Billy takes one of Grim's potions to increase his hair growth, he ends up covered completely in hair. When Gladys sees him, she goes into a rampage, saying that she told him "it was over" and that there was an "agreement that he'd never return" and then calls him a "stalker Sasquatch". At some point in the past, Gladys must have been romantically involved with a sasquatch who got her pregnant with Billy. She was worried about Harold finding out about the affair, but luckily, Billy was born looking completely human and so she was safe, but she ordered the sasquatch lover to go back where he came from in order to protect her and Billy. When Billy took the hair growth tonic, his look became easily like his biological father.
Irwin is actually secretly depressed.A lot of insane crap happens in Endsville, and Irwin has some (if not most) of the worst luck of all the characters. Other characters who are like him react appropriately: Grim always complains about Billy and Mandy, Junior is melancholic and desperate for friendship, and Pud'n' cries a lot and is in a constant state of caution. Irwin, on the other hand, only gets upset when bad stuff is actively happening; otherwise, he seems fine. But really, that doesn't make much sense looking at the other characters. He's probably hiding some serious depression from everyone else.
The wolves Pud'n was raised by are the same ones who tried to claim Mandy when she was bornMandy's parents said no, so they settled for Pud'n instead.