Kate's mother made the original notesKate and CR went ghost hunting near her house. Her mother died of unknown causes. Notes were scattered all over a park near the house.
Slenderman is the DoctorHE IS THE DOCTOR AND YOU ARE THE DALEK!
The Player Character is the one leaving the pages around.The new ending of the game shows Slender Man taking the victim regardless of collecting all eight pages and the screen goes static and then dark, like before. However, now the victim will come to and it'll be daylight out, but they're still trapped in the woods. The character is caught in an endless time loop and is the one leaving behind the pages, him/herself. This also explains why the pages randomly spawn.
- The new Daylight mode certainly helps to reinforce this.
- Alternatively, the Player Character is the girl in this picture◊. Young female protagonist? Check. Wandering around in the middle of the woods for some reason? Check. Carrying only a flashlight? Check. Being stalked closely by a Humanoid Abomination and completely unaware that it's right behind her? Oh yeah!
The truck near the shed is the reason that Slendy wants 20 Dollaz, and he's chasing the player because he wanted to ask for gas money.The truck is his and the tanker was carrying gas. When the original owner of the truck drove into the woods Slender Man did... whatever it is he does. He then decided to go for a drive, until the tank went empty. Then, a tanker carrying fuel drove into the enclosed part of the woods where the game takes place, and that person got Slendered too. Now he needs money to fill up the truck so he can go driving again, since he abducting people has so far only been a temporary fix. And he's chasing the player character because he thinks she has the money and just wants to borrow 20 dollars. Of course, the player just sees "tall creepy skinny man with tentacles that makes my camera freak out", and decides to just book it. Slendy doesn't take that well, so keeps chasing her.
In future versionsYou'll encounter Masky or Hoody.
- Don't forget about Trendy!
- Or the Rake...on second thought, lets hope not.
- It's doubtful we'll ever encounter the Hoody or the Masky in this game series...but the trailer for The Arrival has shown the Player Character being chased by a hooded masked man.
The next game will be expanded into the Creepypasta universe.And even crossover with Marble Hornets and Everyman Hybrid.
The Slender Man can't see; He looks through your eyes.That's why he has a harder time following you if you don't look at him. You're easier to go to when he knows where you are in relation to him. Also, he can sense the pages, which is why you're easier to follow the more pages you pick up. Another reason for this is that you've spent more time in the woods, meaning his mental map is getting more accurate as you see more.
The random cross shaped brick wall was constructed out of the bricks that everyone shat.Because it makes more sense than anything else. A common theory is that the Slender Man feeds on fear. Maybe he's collecting the bricks shat by his victims to construct a wall. And stuff.
The Third Game will have two Proxies.One will be the same proxy from the Arrival, Kate. The second will be The Protagonist of the sequel, Lauren, who was caught at the end of her game. Since Kate is implied to be the protagonist of the orginal Slender game, it would me that we'd have two former Playable Characters trying to kill the player.
- Pretty much Jossed, as the Steam version of the game ends with Kate killing Lauren and Lauren's body being dragged away.
- Then again, it's not like we know how Proxies are made, so for all we know Kate killing Lauren and dragging off her corpse may be part of making her another Proxy - yes, I AM implying that Proxies are people who Came Back Wrong.
Charlie is not the Slender Man, he's CRHis picture shows him wearing a white shirt with a black topping around his neck. Several times, we see Charlie's picture deform into a combination of his face with the Slender Man, but that doesn't automatically mean he's the Slender Man. Why, you ask? Well, the Slender Man has a white undershirt, but lacks the black toppings. Charlie has tanned skin (in the picture), while the Slender Man is incredibly pale. CR, the only character without a name, has the same initials that belong to Charlie. Therefore, I doubt he's the Slender Man. If anything, Charlie is CR, and that one note signed by "Charles M" was directed to his parents before he left.
- Jossed. CR stands for Carl Ross, and he spends the Homestead level searching for Charlie.
The pages are a Secret Test of Character by SlendermanSince the gameplay involves sneaking around to find pages, evading the pursuit of Slendy all the way. If he catches you before you find all the pages, he... well, you can probably guess. BUT, if you find all 8 Pages before he catches you, he deems you worthy enough to serve him, and instead of devouring you, makes you serve him as a Proxy! Um... congratulations?