Video Game: Turn Based Battle
A Flash game released by Armor Games about James the Elf and his newfound friends. One fateful day, James has taken on a quest to collect the crystals scattered across the land, in order to slay the Evil Overlord that rules the land from his Evil Tower of Ominousness. However, he is interrupted by a random battle which doesn't exactly go as planned...You can play it here.
This game utterly makes fun of the following tropes:
- Badass Boast: The Final Boss fails to use this trope, since the characters are Genre Savvy.
- Big "NO!": Parodied.Noo! (That's a prolonged "No", not rhyming with "Moo".)
- Bishonen Line
- BFS: The "JRPG Blade".Ridiculously large and unwieldy, but the chicks dig it.
- Boss Banter
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Farm Boy: James, who lives in a one-room house in the middle of a field.
- Fight Woosh: In slow motion.
- Flat Character: Naturally, since there are barely 10 lines of dialogue altogether.
- Frothy Mugs of Water: Parodied via some sort of Curse Cut Short.James: Yeah! My first victory! I'm gonna celebrate this victory with a pint of ...Blob: HA HA HA! *cough* Think me defeated as easily as that?
- Hurricane of Puns: Everything in the shop, but especially the healing items.
- Improbable Weapon User: Scrolls that are used for whacking stuff are everyone's starting weapon.
- Lyrical Shoehorn: Parodied in the Anime Theme Song spoof "Cheesy RPG Song".
- No Plot? No Problem!
- Non-Lethal K.O.: Discussed.VegiMight - Restores a player from death. Or being unconciousnote , if you're squeamish.
- One-Winged Angel: Parodied.
- Random Encounters: Exaggerated.
- Spoof Aesop: "Didn't anyone tell you that smoking would be the death of you?"
- Solemn Ending Theme: Parodied with "Cheesy RPG Song".
- Villains Out Shopping: The entire reason you ran into the Big Bad was because he sneaked out of the castle to buy some smokes.