Video Game: The Adventures of Hyperman
The Adventures of Hyperman is an educational computer game published in 1995. The story involves a big green blob named Entrobe and his sidekick, Kidd Chaos, escaping from an intergalactic containment warp due to a mathematical meteor, accidentally created by a young scientist named Emma C. Squared who was trying to crack the ultimate unifying theory, breaking through. With Entrobe escaping unto Earth, Hyperman is sent to stop Entrobe and trap him once more. This is a point-and-click adventure game that's fondly remembered by most people who owned the IBM Aptiva computer which came bundled with The Adventures of Hyperman.The game was turned into a cartoon series that aired Saturday mornings on CBS and only lasted 13 episodes before it was canned. Not a single episode had an official release nor have any episodes been posted online, so good hunting.
Examples provided from:
- Bad Luck Charm: Invoked by Entrobe when he says Kidd Chaos is bad luck (See Contrived Coincedence below).
- Chekhov's Volcano: Averted, unless...
- Contrived Coincidence: Kidd Chaos says the reason bad things happen to him and Entrobe when he's around is because it's a coincidence.
- Convection Schmonvection: The lava Entrobe and Chaos try to surf on doesn't effect them.
- Everything's Better with Cows: Tons of them were apart of one of Entrobe's schemes.
- Fish out of Water: It is said that Hyperman doesn't know a thing about Earth.
- Incredibly Obvious Bomb: Entrobe tries to make a volcano erupt with one of these.
- Just for Pun: From the README file: "Cowtapulting Made Easy".
- Light and Mirrors Puzzle: With the Optical Reflection Controller to melt ice that has a key item.
- Planimal: The Terminator; a tree-eating mutation of a termite and a daisy made by Entrobe's "Giant Hideous Friend" DNA.
- Plot Coupon: You have to collect certain things that Entrobe likes and put them in the Intergalactic Containment Warp to lure him.
- Lured Into a Trap: How Hyperman plans to trap Entrobe.
- Monster Arena: The Coliseum, where you had your beast fight against Entrobe's beast, The Terminator.
- Non-Standard Game Over: If you fail your objective, there's a different clip of Entrobe succeeding depending on what part you're on.
- The Other Darrin: Entrobe sounds different in the game's ending.
- Point-and-Click Game
- Planet Looters: One of Entrobe's intentions.
- Shrink Ray: Accidentally used by Emma when she tried to enlarge herself.
- Tailor-Made Prison: The "Intergalactic Containment Warp".
the TV series
- Aliens Speaking English
- Acrofatic: Entrobe can surf surprisingly well for his size.
- The Big Bad: Entrobe
- Catch Phrase: Hyperman: TIME TO GO HYPER!
- Da Chief: Hyperboss questions how Hyperman even got on the force.
- Deathbringer the Adorable: Chaos looks and acts like a little boy despite his name.
- Deadpan Snarker: Emma
- The Dragon: Chaos
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: Kidd Chaos pronounces "Entrobe" as "Entwobe"
- Everything's Better with Cows: Hyperman can transform into one.
- Fat Bastard: Entrobe
- Good Is Dumb: Hyperman
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Crunk and McWolf are Entrobe.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: As stated above, none of the episodes have been released nor posted online. Heck, all the tropes listed here came from the original game.
- Lampshade Hanging
- Lantern Jaw of Justice: Hyperman has a proportional chin to say the least.
- Large Ham: Hyperman and Entrobe.
- Punny Name: Emma C. Squared's name is a play on Einstein's formula, E=mc2.
- Security Blanket: Entrobe's "Teddy"
- Teen Genius: Emma. Entrobe even called her this.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Entrobe loves natural gas.
- Verbal Tic: Hyperman's exaggerated gasp.
- Sycophantic Servant: Chaos to Entrobe.
- Time to go Hyper!