"What are you waiting for? Jump in your plane and get freaky!"
A 2003 plane based combat/racer game released by Midway Games
for the Xbox
, PlayStation 2
and Nintendo GameCube
. Adventure mode sets you in a wacky cartoonish world where 14 colorful characters compete in races across wild and exotic locations.
Each character has his/her own story that progresses throughout the competition, told with a combination of pre-rendered cutscenes and still images with narration.
Freaky Flyers contains examples of the following:
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: Andre La Toilet's squirrel slaves have this reaction when Andre leaves for Hollywood with no intention of coming back to Canada.
- Art Shift: Sometimes cutscenes are presented as still drawings, almost slideshow style (Marcel Moreso's pre-Bandito Attack cutscene).
- Casanova Wannabe: Johnny
- Chasing Your Tail: The final boss floats backwards around a ringed planet throwing obsticals at you. Not suprising considering the game mechanics.
- Cute Bruiser: Cactus Rose used to be a wrestler, and takes down Baron Von Slaughter in a Curb-Stomp Battle.
Baron: Oh... Cripes, I was trying to borrow some motor oil!
- Double In-Law Marriage: Myrna, Margaret, and the twins, if you consider Myrna and Margaret "sisters".
- Dramatic Unmask: Pilot X does this whenever he challenges someone to a race...even when he approaches them as himself.
- Dude Magnet: Traci has Johnny and Sheik Abdul coming after her.
- Full Name Ultimatum: Sven "Mitchel" 209.
- Every Thing Is Better With Monkeys : With jetpacks too!
- Gag Boobs: Traci Torpedos.
- Game Levels
- Germanic Efficiency / All Germans Are Nazis: Traci and her german narrator go into fits of shouting whenever they talk about the GLORY OF THE FATHERLAND!
- Got Volunteered: Island Jack didn't willingly enter the race. The chief of his village had him stuffed into a plane set on auto-pilot.
- Gross-Up Close-Up: Andre Latoilette, much to Johnny's horror.
- Henpecked Husband: Sheik Abdul's His & Harem Corp is run by his harem, for starters. When given the choice between facing Pilot X or his harem, the Sheik goes for the space-battle. In the end, the harem cut him out of His & Harem Corp entirely.
- Hot Librarian: Myrna Bookbottom.
- Humongous Mecha: End Boss.
- I Have Your Mama: Pilot X tries to rope Paulie Atchi into their race this way. Thing is...
Paulie: You have Mama? You can keep her!
Pliot X: WHAT?!
Pauli: You just took my only competition for control of the syndicate. Grazi!
- Insult Backfire
Narrator: [She's a] GENETIC MUTANT FREAK!
Johnny: Really?... I think that's kind of HOT!
- Lemony Narrator: do you enjoy long walks on the beach and quiet time with voice-over guys?
- Mad Libs Dialogue: All of the "Spinning Paper" cutscenes that mention Danger Island have this monotone dub over said island's name, with no other explanation. Mysterious.
- Master of Disguise: Pilot X reveals himself to every character for the final battle, even the one where he starts out as himself.
- No Indoor Voice: PILOT X!!!! especially when he challenges you to a BATTLE in OUTER SPAAAAAAAAACE!
- One Bad Mother: Paulie Atchi's Mama is such a ruthless gangster that SHE'S the one who gets arrested by the feds!
- The Speechless / The Voiceless: The Marcel Moreso Bros were born mimes and SVEN-209 is a robot, so it's unknown if they can't or won't talk.
- Split Personality: Myrna Bookbottom is a polite librarian, being ridiculously proper and restrained with no outlet has caused her to develop an alter ego in the persona of Margaret Basher, a rude and outright violent woman.
- Spinning Paper: The intro and some of the cutscenes.
- The lumberjack carved his plane out of wood.
- The german girl flys a red barron-esq
- The mafia don flys a plane that looks like a luxury mobster car.
- The biker gang leader rides a bike shaped plane with ape hangers.
- The billionaire oil sheik has a carpet with an engine on the back (somehow).
- Wacky Racing