(also known as Drakkhen II
or Super Drakkhen
) is a video game developed and published by Kemco for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System
in November 1994. Although it bears little resemblance to its predecessor, Drakkhen
, it utilizes the same pseudo-3D overworld system for which the series is most famous. Other features of Dragon View
are its side-view Action RPG hybrid gameplay (used when exploring more detailed areas such as towns and dungeons), its well-translated second-person storyline, and its emphasis on player-driven "free" exploration
.Needs Wiki Magic Love
Dragon View provides tropes such as:
- All Deserts Have Cacti
- Battle Boomerang / An Axe to Grind: Hauza is most easy to describle, he is an flying axe and boomerang.
- Beef Gate: Sssssssort of. Travel too far in the wrong direction, and you'll find yourself on the wrong side of the curb.
- Big Bad: Argos the Wizard.
- Bullfight Boss: Piercia and the Efreet do screen-clearing charges in retaliation for being damaged.
- Distressed Damsel: Katarina
- Early Bird Boss: Piercia, with her habit of ramming you almost every time you hit her. You're going to need good reflexes.
- Eldritch Location: Giza Temple.
- Face Palm of Doom: Administered to Alex, care of Giza.
- Fire, Ice, Lightning: The magic rings.
- Freudian Excuse: Giza's Start of Darkness happened after his sister fell ill and passed away despite his desperate prayers to the gods.
- Hopeless Boss Fight: Giza in Keire Temple.
- Improbable Weapon: The Hyuza, which resembles the drunken love child of a boomerang and an axe.
- Level Up Fill Up: Did you just barely make it through that last Random Encounter, and need a quick breather? Sucks to be you.
- Let's Play: An in-depth one by a one "My Name Is Kaz". Others include ones done by Lantis02, Sir Eldric IV and by Gunarm Dyne.
- Palette Swap: Some of enemies and you after levelling up your weapons or armor.
- The Hero: Alex.
- Lady Land: Miraj...sort of. It's populated primarily by priestesses for a nearby shrine, though there are still a number of males living in town alongside them.
- Nintendo Hard
- Mirror Match: The first enemies in the Sektra Temple are water clones of Alex. Thankfully, they only use the sword.
- Precision-Guided Boomerang: The Hyuza again.
- Roar Before Beating: Most of the bosses.
- Scary Scorpions: There are Mook scorpions on the very first dungeon, and their extensible stings are very annoying.
- There's also the dungeon's boss, Piercia.
- Scary Scorpions: Piercia, the first bosss.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Of sorts. When you visit one of the mages that can power up your rings, their incantation for doing so is "Azig taefed!!!" or "Defeat Giza"
- Second-Person Narration: Arguably an effective use.
- Shout-Out: To Airplane of all things:
As Alex finishes a training regimen
Damme: Since you're in such a good mood... How 'bout 30,000 more!
Alex: Your jaw drops, and your smile fades, "Surely you jest!"
Damme: Ha ha... gotcha! And don't call me 'Shirley'!
- The Starscream: The Demon Knight is not very giddy about having to serve a human.
- Sword Plant: Used during Alex's casting animations and, by proxy, as a Blade Brake when you first encounter Giza.
- Underground Monkey: A lot of the enemies past the halfway point in the game are, sadly, palette swaps.