Video Game / Chameleon Twist
A series of two games created by Japan Supply System, published by Sunsoft
and released for the Nintendo 64. In these two games, you play as a chameleon named Davy (or one of his friends, Jack, Fred or Linda) who follows a white rabbit into a strange world and changes form. Now the only way the chameleon can get home is follow the rabbit and get out of any situation he (or she if you choose Linda) get stuck in using his/her tongue.
The second game involved one of the four chameleons being launched into the sky by the same rabbit and just exploring
This game contains examples of:
- American Kirby Is Hardcore: For whatever reason, the International versions of Chameleon Twist 2 had the chameleon's appearances altered to resemble real chameleons, as opposed to their cartoonish/cutesy appearances in the first game and the Japanese version of the second game. Davy's color was also changed to green, likely to match the colors of real life chameleons (while Jack became the blue chameleon).
- Amusement Park: Carnival Land in the second game.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Collecting all 20 coins in each level of Chameleon Twist 2 gives your character a new costume to wear.
- Big Boo's Haunt: Ghost Castle.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Ant Land is full of them as well as the spiders in Jungle Land
- Bonus Boss: If you collect enough crowns in the main story, another level will be unlocked in which you can battle every boss again but they are faster and there are more enemies trying to kill you.
- Boss Battle: Every stage ends with one.
- Collection Sidequest: Collecting all the crowns in each level in the first game and the coins in the second game.
- Green Hill Zone: Jungle Land and Sky Land.
- Insect Queen: The boss of Ant Land is a Queen Ant that dresses in Victorian-era fashion. She attacks by laying ants from her giant abdomen that the player has to eat and spit out at her. Makes As Much Sense In Context.
- Level Ate: Kids' Land
- Segmented Serpent: Bomb Caterpillar, the boss of Bomb Land.
- Shifting Sand Land: Sand Castle and Pyramid Land.
- Shout-Out: The idea of following a white rabbit wearing a coat and pocket watch into a strange land seems very familiar...
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Ice land, obviously.
- Stuff Blowing Up: The whole point of Bomb Land.
- Toy Time: Toy Land.
- Wutai: Great Edo Land.