Verbal Tic: Fan Work
- Daneel Rush of TFF fame has given us Higashiyama Sayuri, the Badass Loli Kyuubi No Youko (who won her tails in a drunken bout of poker with Inari-sama) sealed inside of Uzumaki Naruto, who ends most every sentence with Mugyuu, the shortened Mugii, or (if her tails are mentioned or she's exceedingly happy) a "Wai!" followed by wagging her tails.
- Also in the same story is Higashiyama Yurine, Sayuri's aunt, who uses "Hawa" to much the same effect.
- Here, Ron's "Bloody Hell!" is lampshaded in that Draco finds it incredibly sexy and keeps asking him to say it.
- Tsuruya's father shares her Verbal Tic in Kyon Big Damn Hero.
- Leif of Soulless Shell frequently ends sentences with "eh". Or at least those might be the points where the sentence is supposed to end, it's hard to tell.
- In Dragon Ball Z, the Oni add "oni" to the end of every line. The translation gets rid of the tick completely.
- Touhou fandom likes to turn any odd noise that a character makes once in canon into a verbal tic. Examples include "mukyuu" for Patchouli, "aa-uu-" for Suwako, "unyuu" for Utsuho, and "myon" for Youmu. There are also ones that have become widespread in fanon despite never appearing in canon, such as "uu~" for Remilia.
- A Transformers Fanfic that focused on the everyday operation of the Decepticons gave Astrotrain the verbal tic of 'Heh', which started all but his most important lines. One section from it was simply Gold.
Starscream: We have an agenda, first, Astrotrain, please stop saying 'heh'...Astrotrain: Heh. I can do that.Starscream: Argh!Astrotrain: Awh, come on!
- Movie!Zhao IS IN POSSESSION OF KNOWLEDGE FROM A SUPER SECRET SPIRIT LIBRARY!!1!... err, constantly talks about the Library! in Bring Me All Your Elderly, because He Went There And Found A Scroll About The Moon And Ocean Spirits!... because he believes that he needs to remind the audience about the Library! all the time otherwise they'll forget. Bonus point for when the Library! has nothing to do with the discussion topic.
- Selene of Black Queen, Red King adds a "see" onto the beginnings or ends of about 1/4 of her lines.
- In Sonic the Hedgehog fanfic Prison Island Break, Shadow's Verbal Tic is the grunt "Hmmph." Sonic has learned to translate it into English.
- Pretty Cure Perfume Preppy:
- Lotus tends to finish her sentences in "desu".
- In episode 18, puppy Chiara adopts the suffix "-da wan" to the end of her phrases.
- Tsubo-kun (the Karlix denizens' butler) adds "-iran".