A newbie here on TV Tropes, who signed up to edit a few things that he wanted to edit. Likes REALLY MUCH Stefano Benni (though, sadly, there isn't a page for any of his works yet... well, I'll create it when I'll have enough time. Anyway, his username is derived from one of Benni's novels, where it is both the title and the name of the protagonist) and many other things that he doesn't currently have time (read: is too lazy) to list. Is also a HUGE TakerFoxx fan, and is currently an Imperfect Metamorphosis addict.
Some tropes that apply to myself
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Subverted. He is not THAT brilliant, but swings merrily back and forth between lazy and not-lazy (for lack of better term)... make of that what you will.
- Catch Phrase: "I like to act". Often used to sum up his many weirdnesses.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Like many people here...
- Guilt Complex: Not at pathological levels, but he once thought about killing himself "so there would be one less parasite on this planet". Still doesn't think very high of himself.
- Apologises a Lot: And of course, after apologising he'll apologise for apologising too much. Yeah...
- Gratuitous English: Mostly, he subconsciously uses English terms when he can't recall their Italian equivalent. Some other times, he does it only because it sounds better. That said, he does know what he's saying. Most of the time.
- Kirk Summation: Prone to delivering big speeches if he gets fired up. Whether they are nonsensical rants or nice orations widely varies depending on the moment, the topic, and the audience
- Large Ham: Having experience in theatral acting, he sometimes gets a little too carried away with pathos. Usually, however, he's quite reserved and speaks little around strangers.
- Memetic Mutation: Many, many, MANY quotes from members of my family, and some even from me. Here's a little list:
- "Mangiando si aspetta ma aspettando non si mangia" (You can wait while eating but you can't eat while waiting) - Aunt Claudia
- "I piatti lasciati sporchi verranno lavati col sangue" (The dishes left dirty will be washed with blood) - My mother
- "L'avanzo è una risorsa" (Leftovers are a resource) - Aunt Claudia
- "La cicerchia, il legume di sinistra" (Grass pea, a Left-wing legume) - Uncle Marcello
- Mistaken for Gay: Since I never had a girlfriend, and sometimes I hang out at my town's gay bar (the owner is my friend), it has happened a few times.
- Pungeon Master: A proud family tradition.
- Rousseau Was Right: Firmly believes this, since he had seen it happen sometimes.
- Shipper on Deck: Not me, but it happened when a friend of mine decided to play matchmaker with me and another friend of mine.
- Shrinking Violet: Yes, I used to be really timid as a kid, and at times it may still happen that while talking I don't know what to say and feel a complete idiot.