I'm an American troper. When I'm not on Tropes, I like to knit and crochet. I graduated from college last year, and am currently trying to piece together full-time employment from several part-time jobs.
Tropes that apply to me/my life:
- Absent-Minded Professor: a rare female version.
- Asperger Syndrome: my brother has it, and I had a good friend in elementary school with AS too. I won't claim that this makes me an expert on autism, but I do think that my life is richer for having known people whose brains are wired a little differently.
- Berserk Button: don't you dare make fun of my brother.
- Bookworm: sadly of the non-badass variety.
- Born in the Wrong Century: or, more specifically, the wrong decade. I think I'd do pretty well in The Sixties.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: ridiculously lazy, unfortunately.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Daydream Believer: including the belief, up until high school, that Toy Story was theoretically possible.
- Does Not Understand Sarcasm: my brother (though it's really more Does Not Tolerate Sarcasm)
- Grammar Nazi: a bit. Rouge Angles of Satin mistakes tend to make me chuckle.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Best thing I ever did. I joined a dating website for geeks, and met the love of my life. We trade Star Wars jokes back and forth, created a bizarro alternate universe for Next Gen where Picard is an irritable jerk obsessed with killing Wesley, and run our own MST commentary on all the movies we watch. My life is pretty awesome.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: both my dad and my boyfriend are this personified; my brother and I inherited it from Dad. I shudder to think what my kids will be like one day...
- The Movie Buff
- Nerd Glasses
- Never Heard That One Before: I'm five foot two. Thank you ever so much for pointing out that I am short. I haven't forgotten.
- Proud to Be a Geek (and a Nerdfighter!)
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: In case you couldn't tell, I tend towards the "idealism" side.
Some of my favorite TV shows:
Some of my favorite movies:
Some of my favorite books/authors:
Pages I've helped start: