Greetings Tropers. I'm Captain Chaos
and i'll be your designated zombie killer for today.
I'm on Steam
under the same handle.
I have been lurking about on TV Tropes
for some time, and find it a most enjoyable way to spend time. I now find myself spotting tropes in my favorite works, and I find myself approaching these works from a critical standpoint I did not before. That said, I do hang around on here sometimes when I ought to be working or suchlike.
I decided to start contributing when I noticed that the page for one of my favorite Gameboy Games, Scurge: Hive
, had nothing on it save the "Describe X here" template. I hope the information I inputted about the game is satisfactory to any tropers who might have been trying to find the game. I created the page for Interstate76 a while back, but soon found it mysteriously vanished, forcing me to begin it almost from scratch. I back up my page edits nowadays.
Look down this page a bit to see the pages I've worked on.
As an avid PC and console gamer, most of my contributions are to pages for video games that have no page to speak of or are otherwise sparse.
Tropes associated with Captain Chaos
- Bad Ass Long Coat (Only on special occasions.)
- BFG/BFS (My preferred weaponry. No, I'm Not Compensating for Anything.)
- Berserk Button (Ask me about NC Soft. They killed Auto Assault. For bonus points, imply that Modern Warfare 2's PC verson isn't an embarrassment to the entire industry.)
- Big Eater
- Caustic Critic (My attitude towards media I don't like, often degrades into flat-out nerd rage.)
- Cartwright Curse: Though not for women, but MMORPGs. Auto Assault, Tabula Rasa, All Points Bulletin, The Matrix Online not long after I quit it, Metal Assault died the day I found out about it, and now Dark Millennium won't even BE an MMO, if I get to play it. Maybe it will be exempt from the curse.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander (What was I talking about?)
- Complacent Gaming Syndrome: I have specific patterns I follow in a lot of games, such as avoiding versus modes with very small teams and sticking to certain maps.
- Cool Shades (I wear Aviators, but mostly because they are the only sunglasses that fit my head.)
- First-Person Shooter (My favorite genre.)
- Genius Bruiser (Likes to be, but most days is more of The Big Guy, Class 2.)
- Genre Savvy (For action and horror films/games/books, especially those dealing with the Zombie Apocalypse.)
- Hollywood Nerd: *Ahem*
- It Burns! (Aggh! Sunlight!)
- Jumped at the Call (I will, if it ever comes.)
- Knife Nut
- Male Gaze (Oooh, Jiggle Physics!)
- Nostalgia Filter (I tend to view most things from The Nineties as superior to what we have now, especially games and cartoons. Less so the music.)
- Percussive Maintenance (Gimme a wrench, I'll fix that red ring for you!)
- Proud to Be a Geek: Because being a Muggle is too goddamn boring.
- Real-Time Strategy (I dabble in these, but I'm not particularly skilled at them.)
- Recycled INSPACE: Many of my favorite works, namely The Black Hole.
- Uncle Pennybags (I like to throw money at other people's problems.)
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism (Firmly on the ideal side. Ostensibly.)
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: On paper. In conversation no one understands me when I do this. I resort to Hulk Speak if I have to repeat myself.
- So Bad, It's Good: Several of my favorite works. My favorite movie is The Ice Pirates.
- So Bad, It's Horrible (Uwe Boll's works for starters. I have to draw the line somewhere.)
- "Stop Having Fun" Guys (I can get like this after a few rounds of Versus in Left 4 Dead.)
- Vehicular Combat: My other favorite genre. Just take a look at the pages I've worked on.
- Weaponized Car (My ideal method of transportation.)
- Zombie Apocalypse (I'm your go-to semi-licensed zombie exterminator. If you see me running, try to keep up.)
Pages Captain Chaos has created/done major edits to: