Trivia: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Executive Meddling: Averted in the original. Tobe Hooper avoided excessive gore and showed the violence in quick cuts because he was originally aiming for a PG rating(!) The censors were pleased. The other films in the franchise are a different story altogether...
- Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III was completely destroyed by the censors and the executives.
- Reportedly, Texas Chainsaw 3D had to be re-cut before release, as it received an NC-17 rating, due to excessive gore, during its initial submission to the MPAA.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Viggo Mortensen in the third film, as well as Renee Zellweger and Matthew Mcconaughey in the fourth, not that they'll admit it.
- Jossed: A lot of background stuff introduced in the novelization of the remake is rendered non-canon by The Beginning.
- Money, Dear Boy: Michael Bay once stated the he only produced the remake due to the name appeal alone.
- Troubled Production: The filming of the original was a miserable experience for all concerned; cast member Edwin Neal memorably stated that shooting some scenes were worse than anything he experienced while serving in the Vietnam War.
- What Could Have Been: All American Massacre, a short film about Chop-Top that would have been directed by Tobe Hooper's son William.
- Gunnar Hansen was offered the chance to return as Leatherface for the second, third, and fourth films, and he was interested in doing so- but each time, the producers refused to pay him any more than standard union rate, so he consistently turned them down.