A Prequel to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) remake, released in 2006.The film opens on a scene that tells the audience how Leatherface came to the Hewitt family. Cut to thirty years later, where two brothers and their girlfriends are having one last road trip together through Texas. After a run-in with some bikers, they become targets of Hewitt family's brand of Southern Comfort.
This film provides examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: When Matt Boomer's character is introduced, his character does an homage to Apocalypse Now. The homage is justified since he is a war vet in 'Nam, but given the film is set years before the actual Apocalypse Now was released boggles the mind.
- An Arm and a Leg: When Monty's leg has to be amputated, Hoyt orders Leatherface to cut off both of his legs.Luda Mae: What on earth didya do that for?Sheriff Hoyt: You know, jus' to balance things out.
- Asshole Victim: The meat plant owner and Alex the female biker.
- Berserk Button: Calling Leatherface a "freak" or "animal" is guaranteed to enrage him.
- Biker Babe: Alex.
- Danger Takes a Backseat: How Leatherface kills Chrissie in the ending
- Doomed by Canon: Seeing how the Hewitts are still operating in the preceding film, this is expected.
- Failed a Spot Check: Which begs the question how the girl didn't see (or smell) Leatherface hiding in the backseat. The guy isn't exactly hard to miss.
- Final Girl: Chrissie. Subverted in that she dies as well.
- Flaying Alive: Dean's arm gets flayed.
- Gorn: Unrelenting to the point of being ridiculous.
- Kill 'em All: There are no survivors.
- Pet the Dog: In the opening scene, when Leatherface's mother goes into labor and collapses, one of her co-workers rushes to help her before being viciously pushed aside by their Jerkass boss.
- Leatherface spares the life of a co-worker at the meat-packing plant, despite the fact that said co-worker pushed his Berserk Button by calling him a "dumb animal" while attempting to tell him to leave. It actually looks like he's going to murder the man at first, but then he drops his meat cleaver and just walks away.
- Rape Discretion Shot: Sheriff Hoyt is seen unfastening his belt in front of Chained to a Bed Bailey.
- Slashed Throat: Leatherface kills Bailey in this way.
- Start of Darkness: The film shows how the entire Hewitt family turned into killers
- Stock Subtitle: As befitting for a prequel.