They will return in the sequel, and try to get Heather to completely join the family bussiness as murderers.
Look at Archronism Stew
on both pages and it'll make since.
Leatherface is a Time Lord.
And his room is his TARDIS. Each different face that he has is a different incarnation:
- The First Leatherface was born in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning.
- In that same film, he regenerated into the Second Leatherface and chose to model his face off of Eric Hill, just as Time Lords may be able to choose faces.
- At the end of the remake, the Second Leatherface was without an arm. He managed to grow a new one and regenerated into the Third Leatherface, who time traveled back to the date of the original massacre to cause another elsewhere, this time with a new family. This incarnation of Leatherface had the face of a butcher.
- When his family got home, Drayton slapped him so hard in the face that he regenerated into the Fourth Leatherface, which had the face of an old woman. This incarnation liked to cook.
- While cooking, the Fourth Leatherface suffered burns by accident and regenerated into the Fifth Leatherface, which had the face of a pretty woman with makeup.
- After the events of the original film, the opening scene of Texas Chainsaw 3D took place. The Fifth Leatherface was almost killed when the angry mob burned down the house. He got into his TARDIS/room and got away, but not without getting burned. He regenerated into the Sixth Leatherface, which is the incarnation that we see in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.
- At the end of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, the Sixth Leatherface was impaled with a chainsaw by Lefty, knocked unconscious accidentally by Grandpa, and got caught in a grenade explosion. He got into his TARDIS and traveled forward a few years, regenerating into the Seventh Leatherface at the beginning of Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III. This incarnation was more aggressive.
- At the end of Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III, the Seventh Leatherface was beaten and sank in a swamp. The head injury caused him to regenerate into the Eighth Leatherface, which emerged from the swamp and is seen in the final shot of the film, showing only his chainsaw.
- The Eighth Leatherface's face was finally seen in Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation. This incarnation cried a lot more than his previous incarnation. His family slapped him in the face so hard that he regenerated into the Ninth Leatherface, which also cried a lot but had the face of a woman.
- The Ninth Leatherface was eventually shot by the authorities, regenerating into the Tenth Leatherface that goes on to live with Verna Carson from Texas Chainsaw 3D. This incarnation was less feminine.
- When Officer Marvin entered his home in Texas Chainsaw 3D, the Tenth Leatherface induced a regeneration so that he could look like Marvin.
Eleven faces down, two more faces to go. While we're at it, let's say that Drayton is also a Time Lord since he is portrayed by Jim Siedow and Bill Moseley.