Trivia: The Avengers (1998)
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Eddie Izzard claimed the only reason he agreed to do this film was because he just wanted to meet Sean Connery.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $60 million. Box Office, $23,384,939.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Lord Voldemort is a good guy and he's working for Professor Slughorn and Aunt Petunia.
- At Wonderland Weather, the receptionist is DI Alex Drake.
- Name's the Same: If anyone tells you that The Avengers is their favorite movie of all time, chances are, they aren't talking about this movie.
- Not Screened for Critics: One of the most well-known examples.
- Playing Against Type: Sean Connery as a supervillain.
- Star-Derailing Role: This film, along with Batman & Robin the year prior, banished Uma Thurman's career to the B list until she was able to claw her way back out with Kill Bill, which was ironically another Quentin Tarantino project (He was responsible for her stardom from Pulp Fiction).