- And You Thought It Would Fail: Liam Neeson himself never expected this movie to be very successful; not only was it a success, it cemented his image of a Badass action star.
- Dawson Casting: 25-year-old Maggie Grace as 17-year-old Kim in the first movie. She's 29 in the sequel which is supposed to have happened two years later.
- Fake Nationality:
- Irishman Liam Neeson plays an American.
- Dutchwoman Famke Janssen plays an American.
- Rade Serbedzija is a Croatian Serb and plays an Albanian in the sequel.
- In the sequel there is not a single Albanian, because they found the movie to be offensive and disregarded the old and sacred revenge tradition. All the Albanians are played by Kurds, because even the Turks did not want a part in it.
- Money, Dear Boy: Or possibly Awesome, Dear Boy, as Liam Neeson was paid 20 million dollars to play Bryan again in Taken 3.
- The Other Darrin: Stuart from the first movie goes from being played by Xander Berkeley to Dougray Scott.
Trivia / Taken