Trivia: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
- Doing It for the Art: This game was made after one of the developers of Snake's Revenge told Hideo Kojima that he should make a true Metal Gear sequel, and the game was released at a time when the MSX2 was practically dead as a gaming platform.
- No Export for You: Until its inclusion in Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence.
- Sequel First: The original Metal Gear Solid included a plot synopsis of this and its predecessor in order to give newcomers to the series a bit of a background.
- What Could Have Been:
- One of Kojima's early plot ideas for Metal Gear 2 involved a terrorist takeover of a nuclear weapons testing site within the United States. This idea would later recycled for the first Metal Gear Solid.
- Two other vehicular bosses were planned in addition to the Hind D and Metal Gear D. The Goliath (a tank) and Metal Gear Gustav (a smaller non-nuclear armed model of Metal Gear). There are actually various Goliath tanks inside Zanzibar Building in the final version, but they're just part of the scenery. The concept for Metal Gear Gustav was later recycled into the Gekkos from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.