The 1994 cartoon:
- The Other Darrin: A coupleómost notably, Doctor Doom and the Human Torchóbut nowhere near as extreme as what Iron Man went through.
- What Could Have Been: Plans for a third season included Sue's pregnancy (with She-Hulk or Medusa filling up the vacancy) and the return of the Sub-Mariner.
- And probably we've seen the return of Puppet Master, and find out where he's been.
The comic book:
- What Could Have Been: According to Stan Lee's initial◊ plot◊, published in Fantastic Four #358:
- Reed's stretching powers would've harmed him.
- Sue was originally permanently invisible, and she'd be more or less an Invisible Streaker. To compensate, Sue would wear a mask to indicate her location.
- Ben would suffer from Chronic Back Stabbing Disorder.
- Johnny's powers were limited, meaning at any point his flame could shut off.
- During Chris Claremont's run on the title, he had initially planned for Kitty Pryde to be a recurring cast member, serving as a live-in nanny for Franklin Richards (this took place shortly after Excalibur was cancelled). Then-editor of the X-Men franchise Bob Harras wanted Kitty back in the main X-Men team.