- At the beginning of their interstellar vacation around the time of the NOW relaunches, Johnny is seen melting one of the legs in Ben's chair. This becomes a brick joke almost a year later when Ben finally sits on it getting a 'finally' reaction out of Johnny.
- The team visits a research outpost in Antartica with everyone dreaded in heavy winter clothing. Johnny then follows them out wearing nothing but a bathing suit and sunglasses.
- An episode in the second season has a Running Gag that hangs a lampshade on Johnny and Crystal's Strangled by the Red String status. Crystal sends out Lockjaw to guide Johnny to a secret meeting spot. They never reach for it. Even at the end.
- There's an episode in which Sue not only is Brainwashed and Crazy, but given an Evil Costume Switch that swears by Evil Is Sexy. By the end, when she's released and her "controller" is defeated, she's still dressed up in it, and Reed is VERY pleased...
- Doom has some surprisingly funny Sophisticated as Hell moments
Doom: I've made an interesting improvement in your ventilation system. I shall now suck all the air out of the room, and like the martyrs of Masada, you may watch each other die. *beat* Have a nice day. *Evil Laugh*
- In "A Blind Man Shall Lead Them," when he has the Four and Daredevil dead to rights
- Later, when he sets the Reed's reactor in the Baxter Building to blow up half the city he exits with "What a pity, I never did get to see Cats.
- When Ben is (seemingly) beaten to death by the Hulk and Doom congratulates him, Hulk laments making Alicia cry, to which Doom replies with an utterly disinterested "She'll get over it."