Trivia: Cave Story
- Fan Nickname: Unquote for the Quote sprite that replaces Curly in Curly Mode during the holidays, because of the Stealth Pun. spoiler note
- Let's Play: Several, by DeceasedCrab among others.
- No Export for You: The WiiWare version of the game has yet to see a release in Japan, which is ironic since that's where the game was made. However, it has seen a European release.
- Shrug of God: "How much of this world have you created that we don't see in the game? ...What is Balrog, exactly?" "Nothing of that world exists beyond what you see in the game, as I don't have the skills to construct anything further. I leave the details of Cave Story's world to the player's imagination."
- According to this video, Balrog is a bar of soap twisted beyond recognition.
- Tyop on the Cover: The fan-made arranged Cave Story OST remix album by Vernian Process is tagged "A Sleeping Destiny: An Orchestral Tributre to Cave Story".
- What Could Have Been: Quote's original name was going to be "Curly Brace". Then someone mentioned to the developer that it sounded feminine to Anglophones, so he changed it.