Theatre / Twice Charmed
Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story
is a Disney Cruise Line live show that plays in the Walt Disney Theatre aboard the Disney Magic ship. It bears a resemblance to Cinderella III: A Twist in Time
, but was actually made before it.
After the events of the original film, Cinderella and Prince Charming are happily married, while Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella are left despondent at Cinderella's happy ending. Enter the Wicked Fairy Godfather Franco DiFortunato, who promises to reverse their bad fortune by sending them back in time.
The Tremaines break both glass slippers, shrink Cinderella to the size of a mouse, and head for the royal palace. Can Cinderella and Prince Charming be twice charmed by each other in spite of the situation?
This musical contains examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor World: The Fairy Godmother's magic turns the black and white ball into a colorful one.
- Batman Gambit: One is implied, with the Fairy Godmother, when we learn she is also the King's Fairy Godmother. With her helping Cinderella, she also grants the King's Wish of having Grand Children, with helping to pair Cinderella and the Prince together?
- Be Yourself: Cinderella learns that it wasn't her dress that made the Prince fall in love; it was her.
- Big "NO!": Cinderella does one when Lady Tremaine breaks her slipper, and the Grand Duke does one when she breaks the other one.
- Crowd Song: "All Because of a Shoe" and "Chasing A Dream."
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Lady Tremaine realizes that Cinderella might be recognized by the Prince, so she tells Franco to shrink her. Then, she has him use his magic to make Anastasia and Drizella graceful and beautiful so they'll catch the Prince's eye.
- Dark Reprise: "In A Moment" gets one. The first version is cheerful and hopeful as Cinderella and the Prince sing about meeting each other, while the second is sung by the villains as they shatter Cinderella's dreams in a moment.
- Deal with the Devil: What the deal with Franco boils down to. He'll send the Tremaines back in time, but if they fail, they'll be cursed forever.
- Deliberately Monochrome: The black-and-white ball near the end is like this.
- Dramatic Pause: Lady Tremaine does this in the reprise of "In A Moment."
Lady Tremaine: There's still a chance she might be recognized from last night's ball, so show her how her life is insignificant and... small...
- Evil Counterpart: Franco is one to the Fairy Godmother.
- Evil Is Hammy: Franco DiFortunato definitely is, as are Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters.
- The Fair Folk: Franco wagers the Tremaines' livelihood on their deal.
- The Gambler: Franco is this, often using such motifs in his wordplay and songs.
- Glamour: Franco's most powerful magic is used to make Anastasia and Drizella graceful and beautiful.
- Here We Go Again: Franco goes off to help an evil queen being chased by seven dwarfs up a mountain.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: Franco shrinks Cinderella to the size of a mouse.
- Karma Houdini: Franco gets away, though the Tremaines don't.
- Kick the Dog: Anastasia and Drizella torment Cinderella as Franco prepares to shrink her.
- Large Ham: Everyone, except Cinderella.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Having failed to separate Cinderella and Prince Charming, the Tremaines are forced to do Franco's chores for eternity.
- Make Wrong What Once Went Right: Lady Tremaine's evil plot.
- Mistaken for Gay: Prince Charming says that he loves the maiden at the ball, but the Grand Duke thinks he's referring to him.
- Mundane Made Awesome: "All Because of a Shoe" takes this to new extremes.
Lady Tremaine: Who could've imagined my entire life would be ruined?
Cast: All because of a shoe!
- Original Generation: Franco DiFortunato, the Wicked Fairy Godfather.
- Ship Tease: Between Lady Tremaine and Franco.
Franco: You're so wicked!
Lady Tremaine: And you are a shameless flatterer.
Franco: I know!
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: The Prince gives one to Lady Tremaine, when she tries to have Cinderella removed from the Ball Room. It's understandable why this line usually gets an applause.
Prince: Lady Tremaine, when I'll want your advise, I'll ask for it!
- Sibling Rivalry: Anastasia and Drizella compete over who will win the Prince.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: The dark reprise of "In A Moment" sounds the same as the first one, and ends on a triumphant note.
- Villain Song: Franco gets "It's Never Too Late."
"Itís never too late to plan a wicked plan! Smash both of her shoes and make off with her man!"