Tear Jerker / JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Thank you, Gyro.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
is famous for its Crazy Awesome
-nesss and overall Badassery
. However, this is also a multi-generational epic of the conflict and tragedy brought upon by a traitorous adopted son's ambitions, which have all directly or indirectly caused the protagonists and their friends suffering for over a century.
- Young Joseph's super attack in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future, Unforgettable Memories. "You're still in my heart."
- Yoshikage Kira's fate in the one-shot story Dead Man's Questions, especially for a man who just wanted to live a quiet, peaceful life. He gets to live the same struggles as the rest of the living beings, with the addition of not knowing who he was while he was alive. There's no "Rest In Peace" for him. Granted, he probably deserved it, but having Killer Queen torn from him is still a bit much.
- Fugo's situation in Purple Haze Feedback, where he has to deal with his Survivor Guilt for outliving Bucciarati, Abacchio and especially Narancia. He spends most of the book wondering why he didn't get in the boat with the rest of Bucciarati's group. He comes to the conclusion that he didn't join them because of his Lack of Empathy towards Trish. It's also shown that Narancia's death hit hard on him.
- Fortunately, he gets better after growing to care for Sheila E, which gives him the empathy he sought to find for during the whole book.
- Also, the ending, where he tearfully apologizes to Giorno and vows Undying Loyalty for him.
- The ending for Kakyoin in the Capcom fighter: He manages to defeat Dio, but is mortally wounded by him in the process. He tells Jotaro and Joesph that he's fine on the flight back to Japan, but passes away shortly thereafter, telling Avdol and Iggy that he would be joining them soon. Jotaro's reaction to Kakyoin's death in the last moments of the ending makes it all the sadder...