- Strong Bad will ask Max if he's one of those "Poke-mons", because he'd love to see "some spikey-haired pre-pubescent kid come in here and try to cram you inside a baseball."
- He also calls Max "Stitch".
- Tycho asks Heavy if he likes Tetris. After Heavy states his dislike of it, Tycho then tries to convince him to play Tetris Attack, which he loves, by making it sound much more violent than it is.
- "Nobody expects the lagomorphic inquisition!"
- "I'd ask you if you feel lucky, but I've been trying to cut down on clichés for a few months now."
- Strong Bad mentions that Tycho's hair looks like a "Greasy Hedgehog", and quickly proclaims that it's not related to any video game licenses. That suck.
- Heavy is a fan of "the first 20 minutes of Rocky IV", for... obvious reasons.
- Sometimes, when Tycho is eliminated, he'll say "This is why Gabe and I play Starcraft on easy."
- Tycho calls Strong Bad a "chuwero" after he insults PAX.
- Sometimes when the flop cards do absolutely nothing to help his hand, Tycho says, "This is just like drawing nine mana in a fucking row. ...Anyone?"
- The King in the standard Inventory card deck is holding an Atari 2600 controller and wearing a Power Glove and an Xbox 360 headset.
- Max tells the stories of Flint Paper's violent encounters with Artie Flopshark, a character in Telltale Texas Hold 'Em.
- A number of Tycho's win quotes, such as "I'm not playing Pokémon cards here." or "I'll just turn on my DS while you keep giving me money if that's all right." He can also compare your loss to a World of Warcraft situation, where you try to pick on a level 5 beginner to find him backed up by level 80 stealth ninjas.
- Also, "Raise. That's no moon, motherfucker!" and "It's on like... there has to be some gaming reference I can use." The latter is actually a hidden Take That, since Nintendo had trademarked the phrase "It's on like Donkey Kong!" earlier.
- Possibly one to JoJo's Bizarre Adventurenote :
Max: What if each of those chips represented a human soul? It would be HORRIBLE!
- When the Heavy expresses desire for a Sandvich, Tycho urges him to order one, saying that his stomach sounds like a Sarlacc.
- When raising, Strong Bad occasionally quips "Raisin' in the sun."
- Heavy has Huey Lewis as his music that gets him in a killing mood.
Shout Out / Poker Night at the Inventory
Aside from referencing its own IPs, sometimes it'll reference other, unrelated properties: