Shout outs to classic giant robot shows out the wazoo.
- The three annoying kids are designed after the three annoying kids from the original Mobile Suit Gundam.
- Weird pink explosions are from Mobile Suit Gundam.
- The Nirvash typeZERO is nicknamed the "White Devil."
- Ray & Charles' mechs are painted in Max & Miriya's colors from Super Dimension Fortress Macross and have strong similarities to Gundam's Ramba & Hamon. There are similar interactions and showdowns between the Gekkostate and the Beams and those sets of characters.
- Their names are references to both Ray Charles, the Jazz musician, and keeping with the series' less prevalent architecture motifs, Ray and Charles EAMES were a married pair of famous modernist architects.
- Anemone is a violently insane genetically altered Tyke Bomb in a red & black version of the hero's mech, similar to the situation with Zeta Gundam's aptly named Psyco Gundams.
- Several elements of the plot & characters resemble elements from Gundam X, though this may be coincidence.
- In The Movie, there's a spaceship called the Megaroad
- An event in the plot happens at co-ordinates 0080 0083.
- The Nirvash's Spec3 form is basically the Eureka Seven form of the Gunbuster, pilot seat and all.
- Every single episode of the series shares the name of a real life song.
- Renton, Eureka and Anemone could be easily seen as Expies of Shinji, Rei and Asuka, both visually and in terms of personality. Beyond this, the second episode of the series very clearly draws parallels with Eva's second episode, as examined by a blogger here.
The key comparison is how the lead characters, notably Renton Thurston and Ikari Shinji (boys, both 14 years old) in the first episodes both end in a cliffhanger where the leads are in mortal danger: Evangelion’s end while Shinji is in the thick of the battle while Eureka Seven's end with Renton joining the fray.