List of Characters
- Demon Knight: The Sixth Ranger, who first fights for Kaiser Hades and then realizes that he should fight on the Riser's side
- Mio Tendou: Heir to the family that possessed the Justi Crystal. She is able to summon Riser Shirogane by combining the powers of the other three.
- Reika Motomiya: Mio's bodyguard. She cares about Mio's wellbeing, and sometimes clashes with her when she wants to do dangerous things. Reika is also more than able to fight the enemy mooks.
- Gentarou Date: Shouta's strict, but well meaning father. First totally oblivious to his son being a hero, he later discovers this during a monster attack. Later Gentarou tries to help the Risers by offering his fatherly wisdom.
- Kaiser Hadess: An Evil Overlord who got imprisoned by Nolun. When he is freed, he seemingly only sits on his throne leaving the dirty work to his generals. After one failure to take over earth too many, he decides to blast the planet into pieces. This plan is foiled by Riser Shirogane, who kills him with his mecha.
- Dr Zora: A subordinate of Hades who released him from his prison. She is a mad scientist, who is able to create Cyber Knights. These are bio-mechanical creatures that serve as monsters of the week.
- General Bachuss: The Dragon of Kaiser Hadess. He is the leader of the Death Commando, Hadess bodyguards. He was killed by Shirogane.
- Majin Daruga: Hadess Brother. He decides to take revenge upon the earth because Hadess was killed there. When he takes matters into his own hand, he absorbs Demon Knights latent powers and turns into Riser Kurogane, an evil version of Shirogane. He was killed by a greatly powered giant up Shirogane.
- Adorocs: Daruga's extremely vain general. Adorocs likes to use deception rather than force. Whenever he is cornered, he tries to run away. When he attempts this for one time too many, Daruga blocks his escape route, forcing him to fight the risers. This fight causes his death.
This show features examples of:
- All Your Powers Combined: How Riser Glen transforms into Riser Shirogane.
- Avenging the Villain: Hades is killed midway through, and the villain afterwards is his brother.
- Badass Normal: Reika Motomiya, Mio Tendo's bodyguard. The only thing that keeps her from being at the same level as the Risers, is the fact she cant transform.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: Souchaku!
- Combining Mecha: Any of the Gen Sei Shin can combine with the Genseijuu Riseross to form multiple combinations.
- Though it puts an interesting twist on the trope; there are 3 (later 4) different Gen Sei Shin that Riseross can combine with, however, that Gen Sei Shin's correspond Justiriser needs to be in Riseross in order to combine. It's also worth noting that while only 1 Justiriser is necessary to pilot Riseross, all 3 are needed for it to fight at full power. As such there's more than one occasion where 1 or 2 Justiriser are fighting a normal sized enemy, while the 3rd is in Riseross
- Couch Gag: The ending credits of each episode have different images.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Any battle involving Shirogane.
- Disc One Final Boss: Kaiser Hades dies halfway through the series. The position of Big Bad is then taken by his brother, Majin Daruga.
- The Dragon: General Bachuss to Kaiser Hades and Adorocs to Majin Daruga. You could arguably count Doctor Zola as a Dragon to Hades too.
- Evil Counterpart: The Demon Knight and later Majin Daruga absorbs some power from Demon Knight to transform into Kurogane; an evil counterpart to Shirgane
- The Four Gods: The basis of the Gen Sei Shin; interestingly, the Seiryu and Byakko equivalents have their colors reversed.
- Freudian Trio
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: The Stellar Plates.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Riser Glen/Shouta uses one, and his mecha uses a pair of them.
- MacGuffin: The Stellar Plates
- Monster of the Week
- One-Winged Angel: Some Monsters of the Week like to do this, as do the main villains.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Death Commando.
- Sealed Evil in a Can
- Super Mode: Riser Shirogane
- Underwear of Power: Riser Kageri in her costume, wears cyan panties that has a sewn patch in front of it. See for yourself◊.