Roleplay: Phoenix Roleplaying
Phoenix Roleplaying is a British-based Play-By-Post roleplaying site formed in August 2010. It has over 25 active sims in such worlds as Firefly, Star Trek, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and many others, as well as several original sims.The full site can be found here at: http://www.phoenix-rp.com.
This site contains examples of:
- Code Name:
- Tracey "Essex" Novak - born on Canvey Island.
- Ali "Nasser" Hussein - after the cricketer.
- Pierce "Salmon" Langer - he's the heir to a fishery empire.
- Noshin "Posh" al-Qasami - "Posh Nosh".
- Naomi "Sailor" Baines - former Sea Scout.
- Cool Plane: Most of the aircraft in Fighter Ops.
- Cop Show: Sierra Charlie Four.
- The Edwardian Era: The now defunct The Drake Club.
- Ms. Fanservice: Tina Suvorova in Umbra, whose test to join that ship's crew involved target shooting while legally naked.
- Hired Guns: Quite a few of them in the Firefly sims, most notably the Lions of Guang Dong in Atlantis and the crew of Kvant.
- Private Military Contractors: A lot of them in the Firefly sims - such as Maczarek Security and Wallenstein.
- Knight Fever: Air Chief Marshal Sir Percy Wallington KCB. Also joined by Wing Commander Ali Hussein MBE.
- The Mole: Tina Suvorova in Umbra.
- Oop North: Sierra Charlie Four, set in Manchester.
- Play-by-Post Game: All the sims.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: The Drake Club.
- Ripped from the Headlines: Fighter Ops, which revolves around an Israeli attack on Iran and the events that follow.
- Shout-Out: Quite a few.
- Kvant is named after two modules of the old Mir space station.
- Wallenstein, a mercenary PMC, is named after Czech mercenary commander Albrecht von Wallenstein.
- Brent Cross, another PMC, is named after a shopping centre in London. All its regiments are named after British shopping centres.
- Space Pirates: Umbra.
- Valley Girl: The persona of Romana in The Triple First, although it's in reality partly Obfuscating Stupidity. She speaks like one, but is still a very smart woman.
- World War II: Set Europe Ablaze (now defunct).