British-based Play By Post site, formed in August 2010 as the concluding result of what the members call the AJJE Schism, where over a dozen senior members of AJJE Games
(and a few others) quit the site in protest at the overturning of a ban.
Has about 30 sims covering works like Firefly
and Stargate SG-1
, but with a few original sims like Silent Hunter's Fighter Ops
.Can be found here
This site contains examples of:
- Casting Gag: Silent Hunter's decision to have Stana Katic playing a character in a Firefly sim. Or for that matter, her similar appearance in The Drake Club, which featured a PC played by Nathan Fillion.
- Code Name:
- Tracey "Essex" Novak - born on Canvey Island.
- Ali "Nasser" Hussein - after the cricketer.
- Pierce "Salmon" Langer - he's the heir to a fishery empire.
- Noshin "Posh" al-Qasami - "Posh Nosh".
- Naomi "Sailor" Baines - former Sea Scout.
- Cool Plane: Most of the aircraft in Fighter Ops.
- Cop Show: Sierra Charlie Four.
- The Edwardian Era: The now defunct The Drake Club.
- Ms. Fanservice: Tina Suvorova in Umbra, whose test to join that ship's crew involved target shooting while legally naked.
- Hired Guns: Quite a few of them in the Firefly sims, most notably the Lions of Guang Dong in Atlantis and the crew of Kvant.
- Knight Fever: Air Chief Marshal Sir Percy Wallington KCB. Also joined by Wing Commander Ali Hussein MBE.
- The Mole: Tina Suvorova in Umbra.
- Oop North: Sierra Charlie Four, set in Manchester.
- Play By Post Game: All the sims.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: The Drake Club.
- Ripped from the Headlines: Fighter Ops, which revolves around an Israeli attack on Iran and the events that follow.
- Shout-Out: Quite a few.
- Kvant is named after two modules of the old Mir space station.
- Wallenstein, a mercenary PMC, is named after Czech mercenary commander Albrecht von Wallenstein.
- Brent Cross, another PMC, is named after a shopping centre in London. All its regiments are named after British shopping centres.
- Space Pirates: Umbra.
- Valley Girl: The persona of Romana in The Triple First, although it's actually really Obfuscating Stupidity.
- World War II: Set Europe Ablaze (now defunct).