- Cat Scare: "How the hell did that cat get in the washing machine?"
- Doomed Hurt Guy: Greer. All that effort to save him and he dies because butterfingers Dougie, while stealing Greer's wedding ring, knocks a carton of Epsom salts into the tub with him.
- Henpecked Husband: George. Although he and Angela aren't married, he otherwise fits the trope.
- Karma Houdini: Dougie. Despite being a looter and inadvertently causing Greer's death (while taking his wedding ring no less!), the creep manages to escape in Greer's police SUV.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: George manages to shoot a fire sprinkler while sitting down and holding his girlfriend turned around.
- Monster of the Week: It's a sea monster eating people alive.
- Only in Florida: Provides the Trope quote "Don't all the nuts roll downhill to Florida?"
- Spicy Latina: Angela, George's pregnant girlfriend.