Recap: The X Files S 06 E 08 The Rain King
- Dramatic Thunder: When Sheila asks Holman what he thinks of Agent Mulder. Justified by the Empathic Environment.
- Empathic Environment: Mulder and Scully investigate a swindler who claimed to be able to make it rain (and sold this skill to drought-struck communities). Soon enough, they discover the man's ex-wife believes she has a sort of antagonistic version of this trope in effect (the sky seemed to cry on her wedding day, and the clouds laughed at her when she got divorced) and that is behind her ex-husband's apparent abilities. In fact, she has a nerdy secret admirer who actually has this relationship with the weather, it reflected his moods when she married another man and when she finally left that guy. He had been affecting the weather for her ex's business out of guilt.
- Everybody Lives: The worst to happen to a character is that he loses a leg in a freak hailstorm. Other than that, everyone lives to the end.
- Headdesk: Daryl when he finds out the sum he is being sued for.
- Lighter and Softer: It was one of the comic relief episodes.
- Monster of the Week: A friendly and kind monster. The story is about giving him an opportunity to control his powers better (and he does) rather than incarcerate him.