Recap / The X-Files S06 E02 "Drive"
- Ambiguously Jewish: Once again, an anti-Semitic character suggests that Mulder is Jewish.
- Asshole Victim: Patrick Crump but he gets sympathetic.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Patrick Crump believes in a Jewish conspiracy.
MULDER: Well, on behalf of the international Jewish conspiracy I just need to inform you that we're... almost out of gas.
- Downer Ending
- Hero Stole My Bike: Mulder is forced to "borrow" a car from a random guy at the pump. Unusually for the trope, he's held responsible and AD Kersh chews him for it.
- I Will Punish Your Friend for Your Failure: Hersh bills Scully for the expenses Mulder racked up during the episode.
Mulder: Why don't you bill me?
AD Kersh: I'll bill your partner instead. You too obviously relish the role of martyr.
- Monster of the Week: A case not connected to mythology, but it was found out that the government and the army were to be blamed for the mysterious disease.
- Politically Incorrect Hero/Villain: Patrick Crump who hates or at least dislikes Jews.
- Shaggy Dog Story
- Shoot the Dog: There's a poor dog suffering the same fate as Crump - pressure building up in its ears - left behind in the neighborhood wiped out by that affliction. It doesn't end well.
- Shout-Out: Drive faster or your own head will go off like a bomb. Like Mulder notes, we've seen that movie.
- Your Head Asplode: Your head will explode through your ear if you don't drive - and drive faster - in the right direction (westward). Ew.