Recap: The X Files S 06 E 02 Drive
- Ambiguously Jewish: Once again, an anti-Semitic character suggests that Mulder is Jewish.
- Asshole Victim: Patrick Crump but he gets sympathetic.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Patrick Crump believes in a Jewish conspiracy.MULDER: Well, on behalf of the international Jewish conspiracy I just need to inform you that we're... almost out of gas.
- Downer Ending
- Hero Stole My Bike: Mulder is forced to "borrow" a car from a random guy at the pump. Unusually for the trope, he's held responsible and AD Kersh chews him for it.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: This wouldn't be the last time Bryan Cranston and Vince Gilligan worked together. In fact, Cranston said Gilligan believes his performance in this episode earned him his most famous role as Walter White.
- I Will Punish Your Friend for Your Failure: Hersh bills Scully for the expenses Mulder racked up during the episode.Mulder: Why don't you bill me?
AD Kersh: I'll bill your partner instead. You too obviously relish the role of martyr.
- Monster of the Week: A case not connected to mythology, but it was found out that the government and the army were to be blamed for the mysterious disease.
- Politically Incorrect Hero/Villain: Patrick Crump who hates or atleast dislikes Jews.
- Shaggy Dog Story
- Shoot the Dog: There's a poor dog suffering the same fate as Crump - pressure building up in its ears - left behind in the neighborhood wiped out by that affliction. It doesn't end well.
- Shout-Out: Drive faster or your own head will go off like a bomb. Like Mulder notes, we've seen that movie.
- Your Head Asplode: Your head will explode through your ear if you don't drive - and drive faster - in the right direction (westward). Ew.