Recap / The X-Files S06 E09 "S.R. 819"
Assistant Director Skinner is infected with nanobots, and has twenty four hours to live. Scully attempts to find a cure, while Mulder attempts to find out who infected him and why.
- A Day in the Limelight: Skinner is in focus.
- Continuity Nod: Mulder is throwing sharpened pencils at the ceiling, like in the previous season's "Chinga".
- In Medias Res: It starts with a man being rushed to the hospital. He's from the FBI and Scully is his emergency contact. Surprisingly, it's not Mulder, but Skinner. The episode then goes back to show what lead to his complete break-down.
- Nanomachines: The cause of Skinner's poisoning.
- Phlebotinum du Jour: The Nanomachines.
- Race Against the Clock: Mulder and Scully have one day to find out who poisoned Skinner and they need to find a cure as well.
- Tainted Veins: Skinner's disease affects his veins that are very visible and bigger.