Recap: The Simpsons S 3 E 23 Barts Friend Falls In Love
Bart's friendship with Milhouse is strained when Milhouse falls for a new girl in school. Meanwhile, Marge orders subliminal weight loss cassette tapes for Homer, but ends up getting vocabulary builder tapes that makes Homer Sophisticated as Hell.
- Accidental Misnaming: Principal Skinner accidentally pronounces Samantha's last name as "Stinky".
- Big "NO!": Samantha's father does this when he sees her and Milhouse together, complete with Disturbed Doves flying out of the treehouse.
- Big "WHAT?!": Milhouse after Bart admits that he snitched to Samantha's father.
- Buffy SpeakHomer: Marge, where's that metal dealie you use to dig...food?Marge: You mean a spoon?
- Chekhov's Gun: Bart uses the Magic 8-Ball from earlier in the episode to subdue Milhouse when they fight.
- The same Magic 8-Ball which tells them they won't be friends.
- Kissing In A Tree: Bart performs a sinister version."Samantha and Milhouse kissing in a tree, about to lose their privacy. He-he-he!"
- Overprotective Dad: Samantha's father.
- Relationship Sabotage: Bart does this to Milhouse and Samantha so her father will take her away and he'll have Milhouse to himself. He ends up regretting it.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Homer speaks this way as a result of listening to vocabulary-builder tapes.
- Sleep Learning: Lisa tries to get Homer one of these tapes so he can subconsciously lose weight, but the company was all out, so they send him a vocabulary-builder tape instead.
- The Stinger: The show ends with a message from Homer to "increase your wordiness", giving his own definitions of words.Satiety: Belt-popping fullness.Triumvirate: Three guys giving orders.Gourmand: Like a gourmet, only fatter.Machiavellian: I don't know.Boudoir: Where a French guy does it.
- Weaponized Headgear: Itchy does this in the Itchy & Scratchy cartoon the kids are watching.
- Word SchmordBart: How would I go about creating a half-man, half-monkey-type creature?Mrs. Krabappel: I'm sorry, that would be playing God.Bart: God-schmod, I want my monkey man!