Recap: The Simpsons S 18 E 13 Springfield Up
Declan Desmond makes a documentary highlighting the progress in the lives of several Springfieldians.
- Bait and Switch
- One of the children followed by the documentary becomes a successful laywer and doctor, but then loses her job and becomes the Crazy Cat Lady.
- As a mall photographer, Marge is shooting a picture for what appears to be a young Captain McAllister, but when she plays disco music, he suddenly transforms into Disco Stu.
- Big "NO!": Smithers shouts several of these as a result of being tied up inside a grandfather clock and forced to hear the loud chimes.
- Everyone Went to School Together: Many of Springfield's adult characters are seen at elementary school together.
- Funny Background Event: While Homer sings his song to Desmond, a young Carl briefly appears behind him in Frink's time machine.
- Mock Millionaire: Homer pretended to be wealthy to impress Declan but Mr. Burns unexpectedly showed up and ended the hoax.
- Never the Selves Shall Meet: Prof. Frink tried to tell his past self not to pursue a scientific career. He was ran over in the past, preventing him from getting young Frink's attention.
- Orphaned Punchline: "and that's how I got the vending machine contract for the Kremlin."
- Royalties Heir/Inventor of the Mundane: Homer (falsely) claimed he became wealthy by inventing the condiment pen.Homer: I got the idea from the regular pen.
- Self-Made Man: The sort of wealthy man Homer pretended to be.