Recap: The Simpsons S 18 E 14 Yokel Chords
Cletus's kids become stars on Krusty's show after Lisa offers to home-school them. Meanwhile, Bart is sent to therapy for scaring children with tales of a Lethal Chef who cannibalizes kids.
- As Himself: Stephen Sondheim, Andy Dick and James Patterson.
- Art Shift: The "Dark Stanley" sequences are based on the illustrations of Edward Gorey.
- Big "NO!": Krusty when he learned the only Spuckler kids fathered by Cletus were the one who couldn't sing and the one who couldn't ad lib.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: Bart tells Dr. Swanson that he once dreamt that the Simpsons were cartoon characters, and that their success led to a "crazy propaganda network called Fox News."
- Brick Joke: Bart was sent to therapy for making up a story about a child murdering chef known as "Dark Stanley". The viewers eventually learned Bart's therapist had a child who was killed by a "Dark Stanley" and is deeply troubled by it.
- Crashing Dreams: Marge is dreaming of James Patterson, and he's about to ask her to kiss when he suddenly sounds like an alarm clock, waking her up.
- Pimp Duds: Cletus wears them after becoming his kids' manager.
- Shout-Out: Lisa's story is a Whole Plot Reference to The Sound of Music, complete with songs. The ending parodies The Honeymooners.
- Wingding Pupils: Enforced. Krusty gets dollar signs on his eyes when he learns that the Spuckler kids don't have agents. He then takes off the dollar sign contact lenses and comments that he knew he would find an use for them someday.
- Wrongfully Attributed: Krusty thinks Stephen Sondheim was the one who wrote Cats.