Recap: The Simpsons S 18 E 11 Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Three Times
Another anthology episode — this time, centered on the consequences of taking revenge.
- The Chosen One: Milhouse is chosen to use the Getbackinator because he's the only nerd with hand-eye coordination.
- Clark Kenting: When revealing himself, the Count must remove his fake dot from his face.
- Composite Character: In Marge's version of The Count of Monte Cristo, Moe is a composite of the antagonist who wants Edmond Dantès' financial success and the antagonist who wants Dantès' love interest.
- Irony: Homer is a fan of The Count of Monte Cristo but doesn't pay attention when Marge retells the story to show why revenge is a bad thing.
- Legacy Character: Averted. In the third story, Bart is trained by the Crimson Cockatoo and offered a chance to replace him but decides to become Bartman instead.
- Same-Sex Triplets: Marge's story features three Moe-faced Maggies.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Milhouse after using the Getbackinator.
- You Killed My Father: In Bart's story, the protagonist wants to avenge his deceased parents.