Marge revisits her summer vacation spot from childhood — only to learn that it's gone to pot from overfishing.
- Acceptable Targets: Italian Pete was supposedly created during a time when it was acceptable to portray Italians in a stereotypically negative manner.
- Bait and Switch: Kearny mocks the movie by saying "This movie isn't silent, I can hear it sucking". It turns out the sucking was from the candy they were eating.
- Continuity Nod: To the trip to Brazil.
- Driven to Suicide: Officer Joe.
- Foreshadowing: One of the scenes in Marge's home movies was of her watching a net full of Yum-Yum Fish get loaded onto the dock.
- Hero Antagonist: Officer Joe.
- Show Within a Show: Farmyard Follies
- Take That: Lisa and Bart consider Brazil the worst place they've ever been to. Predictably, the scene got cut in the Brazilian dub. (Technically not cut but redubbed as to have Bart not mentioning Brazil and Lisa sustaining her opinion of Barnacle Bay being the worst place they've ever been in)
- Too Dumb to Live: All it took to drive Officer Joe to suicide was posting a phony wanted sign of him.
- Villain Protagonist: Italian Pete.