Adonis: What's the matter, wimp? Don't you know how to fight like a man?
Beast Boy: I'm not a man ... I'm an animal!Beast Boy gets drenched in chemicals while fighting the villain Adonis, after which his behavior starts to change dramatically.
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Beast Boy's mood swings and body changes bring puberty to mind.
- Golden Moment: The moment of bonding between Raven and Beast Boy, including an aesop from Raven about knowing when to let out the Man-Beast and a Moment Killer from Beast Boy.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Beast Boy develops this as a result of the chemical exposure.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Adonis seems like one at first...
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: As it turns out, it was him, not Beast Boy, who assaulted and hurt Raven, having fallen victim to the same chemical in the beginning.
- Moment Killer: Beast Boy accidentally ruins a Golden Moment between himself and Raven, who lampshades the situation.
- My God, What Have I Done?:"Raven...she's gonna be okay, isn't she? I mean...she's not moving. What have I done?"
- OOC Is Serious Business: Not only was Beast Boy more aggressive and hostile, but he also ate meat for the first time. This is the obsessive tofu fan we're talking about!note
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: Beast Boy and Adonis turn into Man-Beasts as a result of exposure to toxic chemicals. Like werewolves, they have no memory of what they do in their transformed state.
- Rage Breaking Point: Beast Boy hits his when Adonis asks if he knows "how to fight like a man".Raven: Have any good freak-outs lately?
Beast Boy: I just got sick of being pushed around.
- Real Men Eat Meat: Invoked by Beast Boy the morning after the fight with Adonis.
- Ship Tease: Beast Boy's much rumored crush on Raven only intensifies here, as he actually becomes the Man-Beast in order to protect her. It won't be the last time.