Recap: Teen Titans S 3 E 9 The Beast Within
Adonis: What's the matter, wimp? Don't you know how to fight like a man?
Beast Boy: I'm not a man ... I'm an animal!Beast Boy gets drenched in chemicals while fighting the villain Adonis, after which his behavior starts to change dramatically.
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Beast Boy's mood swings and body changes bring puberty to mind.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Beast Boy develops this as a result of the chemical exposure.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Adonis seems like one at first...
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: As it turns out, it was him, not Beast Boy, who assaulted and hurt Raven, having fallen victim to the same chemical in the beginning.
- My God, What Have I Done?:"Raven...she's gonna be okay, isn't she? I mean...she's not moving. What have I done?"
- OOC Is Serious Business: Not only was Beast Boy more aggressive and hostile, but he also ate meat for the first time. This is the obsessive tofu fan we're talking about!
- It's even worse that that. Beast Boy's VA is a vegetarian too. You have to wonder how much it hurt Greg Cipes to say something like "Real men don't eat tofu."
- Ship Tease: Beast Boy's much rumored crush on Raven only intensifies here, as he actually becomes the Man-Beast in order to protect her. It won't be the first time.