- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Drinky and Smokey are green and blue pigs.
- Bloodless Carnage: Averted with Drinky and Smokey's deaths, which involve the Big Bad Wolf messily mutilating and devouring them.
- Darker and Edgier: The three pigs all get killed in gruesome ways.
- Distracted by the Sexy: The Wolf tricks Drinky and Smokey into opening the door by using a magazine centerfold to make it appear like a desirable female pig is on the other side.
- Flashback: Subverted. As his brothers mooch off him, Dudley thinks back to the good times. After a brief flashback effect, though, he realizes there were no good times to look back on.
- Fractured Fairy Tale: The basic premise of this episode is retelling The Three Little Pigs as a morbid horror story.
- Kangaroo Court: Wolves make up the prosecutor, judge, and jury in Dudley's trial.
- Lampshade Hanging: The Wolf asks why people have to rhyme in these stories. Later, after the Crypt Keeper keeps criticizing his poor rhyming ability, the Wolf points out how our horror host hasn't tried to rhyme once in this whole story and tells him to shut up.
- Lemony Narrator / No Fourth Wall: The Crypt Keeper constantly insults the characters. Several time the characters talk back.
- Mood Whiplash: Don't go thinking being animated meant this episode shied away from the blood and gore.
- Mythology Gag: The episode is a sort of an acknowledgment to how EC Comics did several horror-themed fairy tales.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Everyone but the Wolf (who has trouble with rhymes) and The Crypt Keeper (who just doesn't bother).
- Something Completely Different: A completely animated episode. The Crypt Keeper also gets more to do than just book-ending segments
Recap / Tales From The Crypt S 7 E 12 The Third Pig
And Now For Something Completely Different.In the final tale from the Crypt, we are presented with a unique take on The Three Little Pigs.Once Upon a Time, there were three little pigs. The booze swilling Drinky, the nicotine loving Smokey, and Dudley. Dudley is the responsible and smart brother, living in a sturdy house of bricks. His dimwitted brothers on the other hand, live in a whiskey keg and a house made of sticks. And as expected, comes The Big Bad Wolf who blows their houses down. Dudley, too nice for his own good, offers to let his brothers crash at his place so the Wolf won't eat them. And of course, his slovenly brothers are horrible house guests. Refusing to cook, clean up, or go out and get jobs. The Wolf hasn't given up however. While Dudley steps out to get Drinky some more beer one day, he comes along. After tricking Smokey into letting him in (by holding a pig porno mag in front of the peephole) he proceeds to violently butcher and eat Smokey and Drinky. When he returns, Dudley calls the cops. Who take six hours to show up. And unluckily for him, all the cops are wolves. Arrested for murdering his brothers, he's "tried" in an all wolf court. Complete with a wolf jury and a wolf Hanging Judge. Not surprisingly, he's found guilty and sentenced to death. In his cell that night, the souls of his brothers rise from Hell. They offer to get Dudley out. But only if he avenges their deaths at the hands of the wolf. Dudley agrees, and is brought to the abandoned castle lab of a pig Mad Scientist. Getting his Dr. Frankenstein on, Dudley constructs a murderous Zombie Pig. And orders him to "Kill, kill, kill, kill!" Getting drunk in the bar that night, the wolf brags about murdering Drinky and Smokey, and leaves the bar to molest Little Bo Peep. Trekking through the woods, he's caught by the Franken Pig, and ripped apart and eaten. But Dudley is having a moral quandary. He feels he's becomes a monster no better than the wolf by constructing this monstrosity. So when Franken Pig returns, Dudley attempts to stab him to death. But you can't really kill something that was dead from the start. So Dudley attempts something different. He throws a banana peel in Franken Pigs way, causing him to crash into a control panel and fry himself. All seems well...until Zombie Wolf springs out from inside Franken Pig, and eats Dudley.