Recap: Supernatural S 07 E 20 The Girl With The Dungeons And Dragons Tattoo
Season 7, Episode 20
The Girl With The Dungeons And Dragons Tattoo
Bobby finally reveals the Leviathan's ultimate plans to Sam and Dean: to turn all of humanity into healthy, mindless livestock.
Meanwhile, a nerdy yet sexy hacker named Charlie working for Dick Roman inadvertently finds out everything about the Leviathans and teams up with the Winchesters to hack into Dick's email and find out what else the Leviathans have planned.
- Ascended Fangirl: Averted. Despite having a clear admiration for Action Girls as well as a love for all things Fantasy and Sci-Fi, Charlie is extremely reluctant to put herself in danger and only does what she knows she is capable of doing (hacking and corporate espionage).
- Always Wanted To Say That: "I'm in."
- Baddie Flattery: Dick to Charlie.
- Big Brother Instinct: Both Sam and Dean become quite protective of Charlie, even though they know her for all of a day or two. Dean even lampshades this:
Dean: She's kinda like the little sister I never wanted.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer:
Roman: Tell me, how does a high-school dropout become one of the brightest minds at Roman Inc?
Charlie: Um, honestly? Historically, I've had this problem with authority, no offense, so I realized the only way I could get away with being me was to be as...indispensable...as possible.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Charlie learns about Leviathans, and reasonably assumes the person she got the info from is nuts. Then she accidentally learns they're real, and promptly tries to pack up and vanish. When the Winchesters show up, she reasonably assumes they're Leviathans, until they prove otherwise. For the duration of the episode, she tries to stick to her skill set instead of getting in fights. After the day is saved, she promptly gets on a bus and vanishes.
- Embarrassing Tattoo: Charlie has one of Princess Leia in her slave bikini riding a twenty-sided die. In her defense, she was drunk and at Comicon.
- Establishing Character Moment: Charlie comes into work listening to "Walking on Sunshine." When finally out of sight in an elevator, she rocks out happily to the music but composes herself the moment the elevator doors open again.
- Foe Yay: Dick's treatment of a very uncomfortable Charlie give off these vibes. To be fair, he doesn't realize she's an enemy until a borax bomb goes off in his face.
- Ghostly Chill: Dick, while unaware Bobby's ghost is behind him. "Is it me, or did it just drop ten degrees in here?"
- Hollywood Nerd/Small Reference Pools: Charlie is a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica and Wonder Woman.
- Ho Yay: Dean helping Charlie flirt with the security guard.
- Some Humans Are Special: Dick marvels at Charlie's "spark" and the fact that he could clone her and copy her mind, but never replace what makes her a genius hacker.
- Meaningful Name: Charlie Bradbury. Justified as Charlie hinted that she made it up to give herself a new identity.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Well, it's Felicia Day!
- Not My Type: Dean suggests Charlie flirt her way past a security guard.
"I can't. He's not my type."
"You're gonna have to play through that."
"As in, he's not a girl.
- People Farms: This is evidently the Leviathans' master plan.
- Password Slot Machine: When Charlie is hacking into Dick's computer.
- Playful Hacker: Some people surf the net when no-one's looking at work. Charlie diverts funds from the Republican party to Animal Lovers.
- Refusal of the Call: Charlie is very reluctant to put herself in danger and after her part is done, puts herself on a bus and tells Sam and Dean never to contact her again.
- Repeat After Me: While Dean is telling Charlie what to say to flirt with the security guard.
Dean (to Sam who is laughing): Stop laughing, Sammy!
Charlie: Stop laughing, Sammy!
Charlie: Uh...you don't know that new bar? "Stop laughing, Sammy"? That place is bringing sexy back...
Dean: Stop talking, Charlie.
- Spirit Advisor: Bobby. "Let's Yoda this!"
- Shout Out: Veronica Mars
- The Password Is Always Swordfish: "Your password is winning with two 1s? Faaail!"
- Subverted earlier: While trying to hack into Frank's encrypted hard drive, Charlie thinks she found the password in the remarkably simple "WarGames" when this yields results. Then Frank's hard drive opens a program revealing that it's a false lead and taunts her.
- Tomboyish Name: Charlie. It's not her real name, though.
- Ultimate Job Security: Discussed and invoked. Charlie figured the best way to get away with her illegal activities was to make herself as indispensable as possible.
- What Would X Do?: Sam motivates Charlie to go through her dangerous mission by asking her what Hermione would do.
- Worst Whatever Ever: Worst. Good luck charm. Ever.
- You Have Failed Me: This time, Dick doesn't bother "bibbing" the offending minion. "Bib you? Why would I waste a perfectly good meal?" CHOMP.